Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  161
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Jordon Sweet

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Why is it a weird situation?

We drafted a young ruckman and he has developed/gotten better...now he is MAYBE an attraction to another team looking for a #1b type option...he's not Max Gawn just yet but he is improving and might be a capable ruck at AFL level...

He's not a free agent so we'll be compensated if he leaves.

I don't get the angst. We're clearly chips in with English and have been for a while now...
    Thats exactly the way it is

Sweet doesnt necessarily want to leave, he chose not to last year, but he didn't play this year, and he has now shown in the state league he is ready for the next step.

He had an excellent year in the VFL - but similar to the Grundy situation, he isn't a natural playing forward, so that makes him difficult to play as anything other than the main ruckman

Sweet has to go, Port have to offer something - at worst a third rounder to make it happen

2. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bloody hell really disappointed Sweet asked for a trade. Let’s hope that Ppwer gets a fair and reasonable deal done.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    Bloody hell really disappointed Sweet asked for a trade. Let’s hope that Ppwer gets a fair and reasonable deal done.
    Struggling to see a fair and reasonable option for Port with their current draft hand...

PORT
    37, 43, 72, 90

They're not giving us 37 or 43 on their own (although that should be what Power asks for).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Struggling to see a fair and reasonable option for Port with their current draft hand...

PORT
    37, 43, 72, 90

They're not giving us 37 or 43 on their own (although that should be what Power asks for).
    How do they get Ratugolea and Zerk-Thatcher in?!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    How do they get Ratugolea and Zerk-Thatcher in?!
    There is always the option of future picks being in the mix and they will start to finalise their playing list and who knows if they might trade a player or two out themselves. At the moment it looks tight but that might change.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

7. Likes macca, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    There is always the option of future picks being in the mix and they will start to finalise their playing list and who knows if they might trade a player or two out themselves. At the moment it looks tight but that might change.
    With picks 37,43,70,90 i can see they trade a player
    Would like Dew , he is a good tagger

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    I?d straight swap Sweet for Dew. Only issue is will Bevo play him.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

10. Likes macca, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

With Sweet choosing Port Adelaide, what pick or player do you think we will get back in return? Last year Port had to give up a lot to get JHF, so I feel like their draft capital will be small and with Brandon Zerk-Thatcher and Esava Ratugolea asking for a trade as well who are probably rated higher as players will not help out on what we get back in return. I was thinking that potentially Josh Sinn could be a good option as a swap. He was a high draft pick in 2021, he is young and can't seem to break into the midfield with Butters and Rozee going so well. Which a young midfield is an area of need for us? Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how we can expect much. We won't play him so our hand is already shown. If we get a pick with points attached we'll have to accept it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    The experts are predicting that perhaps 60 players are to be selected in the draft so at the moment picks 37 and 43 are the only 2 picks worth anything to the other clubs.

Either pick would be attractive to us but getting Port to hand one over will be difficult.

I can't see Port letting Drew go but perhaps a great offer for Duursma might be tempting for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLongBulldog View Post
    With Sweet choosing Port Adelaide, what pick or player do you think we will get back in return? Last year Port had to give up a lot to get JHF, so I feel like their draft capital will be small and with Brandon Zerk-Thatcher and Esava Ratugolea asking for a trade as well who are probably rated higher as players will not help out on what we get back in return. I was thinking that potentially Josh Sinn could be a good option as a swap. He was a high draft pick in 2021, he is young and can't seem to break into the midfield with Butters and Rozee going so well. Which a young midfield is an area of need for us? Any thoughts?
    I wonder if Kane Farrell is in anyway gettable? He could potential fill the Duryea small defenders position and is a great kick of the football and versatile. He's coming off his best season with Port so he wouldn't come cheaply but you would have to think Port will need to let someone decent go to bring in the players that have nominated Port as the club they want to be traded to.

15. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I wonder if Kane Farrell is in anyway gettable? He could potential fill the Duryea small defenders position and is a great kick of the football and versatile. He's coming off his best season with Port so he wouldn't come cheaply but you would have to think Port will need to let someone decent go to bring in the players that have nominated Port as the club they want to be traded to.
    Don't mind Farrell. He's a neat player, only question is he a defender or a running back like Dale.

We may be able to pry a player out considering the work they have to do. Would need something coming back from us I would expect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Don't mind Farrell. He's a neat player, only question is he a defender or a running back like Dale.

We may be able to pry a player out considering the work they have to do. Would need something coming back from us I would expect.
    Great kick, but he is a worse one on one defender than Dale.

We can't expect much for Sweet - the ruck merry go round tends to value these fringe rucks in the 3rd-4th rounder range.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

18. Thanks GVGjr, Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Great kick, but he is a worse one on one defender than Dale.

We can't expect much for Sweet - the ruck merry go round tends to value these fringe rucks in the 3rd-4th rounder range.
    The Preuss for 31 to GWS deal gives me some hope. However, they had picks coming out of their everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven?t seen Riley Bonner in years, but, is he worth offering a lifeline to as UFA to cover TOB/Croz, and to offer just enough to trigger third round compo (pick 50) and then to cover it a bit say trade Sweet & 84 for 50 & 70. That could work.

I?m thinking it could be two years on a slightly higher salary, or three years at slightly less.

But not literally having seen Bonner in years (just his stats and being an ok size for mid defender and only 26yo) I?ve no idea if he?s worth getting into cover TOB/Croz.

Edit: Those points could be around 1/3 of what we need for Croft.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 18-09-2023 at 10:29 AM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

21. Likes GVGjr, macca liked this post