Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  161
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Jordon Sweet

That's the sort of innovative solution that might be worth considering. In the past that might have been seen as tampering but now that clubs can effectively sell picks it might very well be in play.

Good suggestion BT
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

No way are they giving away Sinn cheaply. High draft pick who has barely been fit but everytime he is seems to be in the selection mix.

Dylan Williams could be a candidate. Had his breakout year this year but despite that was often pushed into the sub role. Good medium size, not especially quick but a very good piercing kick and seems decent overhead. I think he fits the general defender mould (which typically play taller at Port), but with a damaging kick. BZT is a taller but similiar athletic profile, I don't know if they see Williams being best 22 once he arrives.

I like Drew as well, but he is a regular in the lineup.

Francis Evans seems to be a well built and more effective version of what we are trying to get the likes of McNeil to be in our lineup. He might be worth getting in the ear of.

On the plus side unlike other years we have been given a months notice to start talking to these guys so hopefully that bigger run in than we got with Brisbane last year enables us to convince one to come over.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

3. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    No way are they giving away Sinn cheaply. High draft pick who has barely been fit but everytime he is seems to be in the selection mix.

Dylan Williams could be a candidate. Had his breakout year this year but despite that was often pushed into the sub role. Good medium size, not especially quick but a very good piercing kick and seems decent overhead. I think he fits the general defender mould (which typically play taller at Port), but with a damaging kick. BZT is a taller but similiar athletic profile, I don't know if they see Williams being best 22 once he arrives.

I like Drew as well, but he is a regular in the lineup.

Francis Evans seems to be a well built and more effective version of what we are trying to get the likes of McNeil to be in our lineup. He might be worth getting in the ear of.

On the plus side unlike other years we have been given a months notice to start talking to these guys so hopefully that bigger run in than we got with Brisbane last year enables us to convince one to come over.
    Williams was great against us earlier in the season.

I was surprised to look through their side for the semi and he wasn't in it.

Good suggestion. be a yes please for mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I was surprised to look through their side for the semi and he wasn't in it.
    Did his hammy the week before.

Concur with the previous comments on Farrell - he's obviously a beautiful kick but he cannot defend one-on-one to save himself. He is basically an inferior version of Dale in that regard, and I don't want any more players in our back half who cannot actually defend one-on-one when required.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

6. Thanks Grantysghost, GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes Mofra, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Barrett saying Sweet may be now staying!

Why?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Full quote.

"Weirdly enough, the Dogs may just be able to retain someone they didn't want to lose in Jordan Sweet."

- Damian Barrett on Jordon Sweet possibly staying at Whitten Oval

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

Why?
    Well maybe he doesn't want to move to remain depth (if Soldo goes) and sees Melbourne building up salary cap with a 32 year old Gawn and sees a spot for himself here longer term?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Well maybe he doesn't want to move to remain depth (if Soldo goes) and sees Melbourne building up salary cap with a 32 year old Gawn and sees a spot for himself here longer term?
    If he’s staying, it’s hard not to think one reason might be Tim not being here. Melbourne have 6 & 11…
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Why?
    Well, in the event he does stay that gives us another 12-months worth of weekly content on WOOF.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

13. Thanks bulldogtragic, Bulldog Revolution, Topdog thanked for this post
    Likes hujsh, chef, EasternWest, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Well, in the event he does stay that gives us another 12-months worth of weekly content on WOOF.
    Does that mean GVGjr keeps open or shuts WOOF?

Post Thanks / Like

Does that mean GVGjr keeps open or shuts WOOF?
    If he shuts WOOF I'll do whatever GG is going to do if we don't take Sanders.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Full quote.

"Weirdly enough, the Dogs may just be able to retain someone they didn't want to lose in Jordan Sweet."

- Damian Barrett on Jordon Sweet possibly staying at Whitten Oval
    Apparently this was just Barrett theorizing and it's not based on anything so don't anyone get their hopes up about FFC remaining the land of candy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    If he shuts WOOF I'll do whatever GG is going to do if we don't take Sanders.
    Wood.com

It's the new woof in honour of Easton

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Wood.com

It's the new woof in honour of Easton
    I don’t want to enter that domain, but pretty sure it might be taken and not be footy related.

19. Thanks anfo27 thanked for this post
    Likes Sedat, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don’t want to enter that domain, but pretty sure it might be taken and not be footy related.
    What if it's pictures of Easton?