Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  161
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Jordon Sweet

I actually see him as not dissimilar to Braydon Preusss.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

I like the sound of this bloke. Hope he plays soon and belts a few opposition players.

"My pressure around the contest is good, my game knowledge is strong, as well as my skills for a big man.

"I love the physicality aspect of the game, I love getting inside opponents' heads, so I'll bring a bit of aggression in the middle.

"I give myself every chance to play round one, and there's no reason why I shouldn't think I can't."...

North Adelaide coach and former Power and Docker midfielder Josh Carr can attest to his former protégé's change in attitude and he also believes Sweet will meet Beveridge's philosophy on ruckman.

"Over the past 12 months Jordon has really matured a lot and developed his game, so I reckon he's ready to have a go at (AFL level)," Carr told AFL.com.au.

"He's a really good runner, and I don't think he knew how good his tank was and it really surprised himself, so he's taken that with his love of throwing his weight around.

"He tackles, chases and puts on shepherds, which is what you want a ruckman to do.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-0...r-twoyear-wait
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

3. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    I like the sound of this bloke. Hope he plays soon and belts a few opposition players.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-0...r-twoyear-wait
    Lets hope he is good with his tap work, holding some marks and kicking the ball.
    Sounds like he is confident with his one percenters and is now confident he can make a go of it. A strong endorsement by Josh Carr

Lets hope he and English can be a good ruck tandem over the next few years.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet accepts 3 match suspension for striking last Friday night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Sweet accepts 3 match suspension for striking last Friday night.
    3 weeks! That's like getting done the maximum for Murder in this day and age of fines, warnings and bugger all despite 20 cameras catching it.

They did say he liked to be physical. He might want to tone it down a little bit though.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    3 weeks! That's like getting done the maximum for Murder in this day and age of fines, warnings and bugger all despite 20 cameras catching it.

They did say he liked to be physical. He might want to tone it down a little bit though.
    Wonder how many cameras there are at VFL games.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Wonder how many cameras there are at VFL games.
    Don't know, that's a Smads question.

If Dusty Martin is one week, then Sweet must have nearly killed him to get three. The good news is Trengove probably gets elevated, Boyd needs to be managed, so then Gardner gets three weeks as the number one ruck to impress us ahead of the mid season draft. A great opportunity for him.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Didn’t see the incident - pretty heavy penalty!
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Ironically it might be that without cameras clearly showing how much of an arsehole someone is or isn’t the actual intent and malice of the incident might be better portrayed.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

11. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a decent sentence for one incident. what did he do?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    That is a decent sentence for one incident. what did he do?
    No idea but I'm assuming a weapon was involved.

Post Thanks / Like

From the VFL MRP Report:

“The VFL Match Review Panel charged player Jordon Sweet for striking against Collingwood player Jack Madgen during the first quarter of the VFL Round 2 match between Collingwood and Footscray on Friday 12th April 2019 at Olympic Park Oval. Based on the available video evidence and the medical report, the incident was assessed as intentional conduct with high impact and high contact. The incident was classified as a four match base sanction. The player has no applicable record which impacted the penalty. An early guilty plea enables the player to accept a three match penalty.”

Post Thanks / Like

Strewth. I think we've found our tough cop on the beat cop if anyone tries taking liberties with English.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

16. Likes Dry Rot, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Insufficient Intent View Post
    From the VFL MRP Report:

“The VFL Match Review Panel charged player Jordon Sweet for striking against Collingwood player Jack Madgen during the first quarter of the VFL Round 2 match between Collingwood and Footscray on Friday 12th April 2019 at Olympic Park Oval. Based on the available video evidence and the medical report, the incident was assessed as intentional conduct with high impact and high contact. The incident was classified as a four match base sanction. The player has no applicable record which impacted the penalty. An early guilty plea enables the player to accept a three match penalty.”
    Plus Magden was concussed.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay I have to see this footage
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -