Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  61
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

You do that Buku

Couldn't find his welcome thread so gave him one with a bit more flavour.

The reason I was looking for it was to ask the question of if there's a player Khamis can be compared to in the AFL. He's not quite the athlete like Wood and apparently gets by more on smarts so would a Harley/Maxwell type be more apt as a comparison?

2. Likes Dry Rot, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: You do that Buku

...that you do so well.
    Dunno but welcome Buku Khamis.
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

It's interesting that he didn't even get a look in for the main draft; he was an All Australian after all and he isn't a raw athletic prospect that you'd usually get with late adapters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    It's interesting that he didn't even get a look in for the main draft; he was an All Australian after all and he isn't a raw athletic prospect that you'd usually get with late adapters.
    Its a fair point you make.
    I know MJP has expressed a view that AA may not be as important as a true indicator of AFL talent.
    I'd be keen to know why it's not viewed more highly amongst recruiters.
    Is the process for selection flawed or just that its limited because its a reflection of performance in a short competition as opposed to reflective of a larger sample size of games.

6. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There was a post on Bigfooty stating that he is going to be promoted to Cat A since we have a spot left hence he can play next year. I hope so I really like the kids skillset, I think he becomes a best 22 player.

Post Thanks / Like

Buku and Young-Young (not sure if that one will stick...) both address a need we had for that medium defender who is good in the air and capable of playing on all types of forwards. If we project forward a few years, they should compliment the key defenders in Naughty and Lewis Young, the dour stopper in Cordy, and our running defenders who could include JJ, Williams, Richards, Lynch and Vandermeer.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Dogs Buku!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Buku.

Can imagine his first day goes something like:

Rohan Smith - ‘Buku, you know this guy (Dale Morris). You do as he does and says until he is no longer here.. Good luck’

11. Likes bulldogtragic, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    The reason I was looking for it was to ask the question of if there's a player Khamis can be compared to in the AFL. He's not quite the athlete like Wood and apparently gets by more on smarts so would a Harley/Maxwell type be more apt as a comparison?
    I've only seen a couple of games but I would think Wood/Adams style interceptor in the back half.
    He led the champs for intercept marks and at 189cm is that hybrid type defender. He's a complete free kick as a cat B rookie and I would have though any bid in the main draft after 30 we would have matched.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Buku. Hope you have a long and successful career with us. Go Dogs!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

14. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Baku, looking forward to seeing you develop with the Doggies.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

16. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

He is now officially a CAT A rookie so is eligible for selection from round 1. Good luck Buku!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-1...istmas-present

19. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    He is now officially a CAT A rookie so is eligible for selection from round 1. Good luck Buku!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-1...istmas-present
    Buku aside, I suspect signing Dunkley up at the start of the season will be cheaper than the end of it. he was a beast for the last month or so of 2018 and if he puts a full season like that together he'd be heavily rewarded.

Hopefully Bukes gets handcuffed to Moz for the pre-season, first year players always get a senior mentor.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

21. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After passing on their last pick in the rookie draft, the Dogs then added Next Generation Academy prospect Buku Khamis as a Category B selection.

With the Dogs planning on matching a bid for his services in the NAB AFL Draft and leaving a list spot open, Khamis effectively cost them nothing in the draft.

However, the Dogs then upgraded Khamis to a Category A rookie, filling the final spot on their list.

The move allows the Western Jets product to be eligible for round one selection as Category B rookies require promotion to the senior list in order to play AFL.
    Really strange decision from the club. I can't see Buku being in line for round 1 and would be surprised if he played seniors at all next year. Even if he did earn a spot at some stage through the season surely we will have a long term injured player that would allow a promotion for Buku. Why we didn't take an extra category A rookie we may never know...