Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  78
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: You do that Buku

Smart move.

I thought Jongy should have left when he had the chance, grab some extra dollars and run, was pleased when he stayed. Buku, I think is in a similar space in some respects, but he has more to give us and will benefit from hanging in there. He can get to the level and we should be getting him in the mix,
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Smart move.

I thought Jongy should have left when he had the chance, grab some extra dollars and run, was pleased when he stayed. Buku, I think is in a similar space in some respects, but he has more to give us and will benefit from hanging in there. He can get to the level and we should be getting him in the mix,
    Jongy was as hard as they come . Sometimes too much.
    Buku is a different player his hardness isn’t his strong point .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Reading some comments on Twitter that we shouldn't have re-signed him. Given we have flagged we are making minimal additions via the draft we will be re-signing some others as well.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Reading some comments on Twitter that we shouldn't have re-signed him. Given we have flagged we are making minimal additions via the draft we will be re-signing some others as well.
    Crazy. I can't see a downside from the club's side, only potentially Buku's.

He is great depth, if a couple of forwards go down next year he is going to be much more capable of stepping up than say Croft.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Crazy. I can't see a downside from the club's side, only potentially Buku's.

He is great depth, if a couple of forwards go down next year he is going to be much more capable of stepping up than say Croft.
    I agree, possibly some of our supporters wanted some more draft picks or currency for player swaps like landing Coffield.
    The only other thing mentioned is that we don't play him and that's a bit harder to defend. He's versatile and doesn't get many injuries so I don't see a lot of risk in it.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Happy with this. Unlikely to play with a healthy list, however things can change. He’s shown improvement every year.

Post Thanks / Like

Have we as a forum undersold how good Khamis has actually been this season?

His intercept marking game is improving week on week and he knows his limitations disposal wise.

Clearly his fitness has improved as he is playing 90% game time regularly.

Without Khamis, Richards doesn?t play midfield on Thursday night.

No reason why he can?t play as our third tall for the remainder of the season and beyond.

Honestly I didn?t see it coming.

Kudos to you Buku.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

He's been very impressive.

He was just about delisted last season so it's been a great turnaround. He belongs in the backline. He needs to improve his physicality but his reading of the ball has been excellent. He's a great Robin to Jones' batman. He and JOD are starting to resemble a competent intercept duo.

And that leap.....

9. Likes Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    He's been very impressive.

He was just about delisted last season so it's been a great turnaround. He belongs in the backline. He needs to improve his physicality but his reading of the ball has been excellent. He's a great Robin to Jones' batman. He and JOD are starting to resemble a competent intercept duo.

And that leap.....
    That, right there. That's been the key. He knows exactly where the ball is going and exactly how to jump at it. That's a skill in itself and not all defenders have it. Of those that do, not all have the athleticism to fully exploit it.

Yes, his disposal is still suspect but when you're shutting down promising inside 50s cold, it matters a lot less.

11. Likes Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very happy with his output. My only query is that he often tries to mark on his chest rather than hands. He is good at protecting the ball with the body, but feel it’s an improvement he can make in his game.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

13. Likes Happy Days, Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Have we as a forum undersold how good Khamis has actually been this season?

His intercept marking game is improving week on week and he knows his limitations disposal wise.

Clearly his fitness has improved as he is playing 90% game time regularly.

Without Khamis, Richards doesn?t play midfield on Thursday night.

No reason why he can?t play as our third tall for the remainder of the season and beyond.

Honestly I didn?t see it coming.

Kudos to you Buku.
    It’s been a bizarre ride for 14 months. Despite his size he was second rucking in the VFL and was one of the highest total and accurate goal kickers in the entire VFL last year. He couldn’t get a look in as a forward. Then he had several alleged trade suitors and extends with us. Then he goes into defence and is keeping out experienced defenders like Keath & Gardner. It’s a head spinning time. But I’ve always been in his corner despite his raw and fairly slow development. Off field he seems like a great person, heavily invested in helping others and now is impressing and getting better. Good for him.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

15. Likes bornadog, EasternWest, azabob, Scorlibo, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    It’s been a bizarre ride for 14 months. Despite his size he was second rucking in the VFL and was one of the highest total and accurate goal kickers in the entire VFL last year. He couldn’t get a look in as a forward. Then he had several alleged trade suitors and extends with us. Then he goes into defence and is keeping out experienced defenders like Keath & Gardner. It’s a head spinning time. But I’ve always been in his corner despite his raw and fairly slow development. Off field he seems like a great person, heavily invested in helping others and now is impressing and getting better. Good for him.
    Agree 100%. Great story and he has been a relevation for me this year with his ability to back himself and launch in the air to grab so many intercepts. I had written him off, so glad he has proven me wrong. Well done Buku.

17. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Very happy with his output. My only query is that he often tries to mark on his chest rather than hands. He is good at protecting the ball with the body, but feel it’s an improvement he can make in his game.
    It actually reminds me a lot of early Liam Jones. He lets the ball get so big on him sometimes.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

19. Likes The Underdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My only concern is his physicality. I'd like him to be more agile but it's not terrible, but his physicality needs to go up a few levels.

It's a credit to him though, I don't even think the coaches would have predicted this at the end of last year.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

The thing that hurt him was burning it up as a forward in the VFL as he looked super impressive along with being a straight shooter, he could play as that ultimate swingman in years to come but we'd need him in his more natural position down back where he was in the under 18's All Australian side, he's been terrific so far this season doesn't look like getting dropped anytime soon.

Khamis, JOD, Busslinger & Croft, with Jonesy in the twilight of his career we certainly have the players to develop, just wonder if we have the patience or try and pull the trigger on someone like Tom Barass to be our mainstay for 4 to 5 seasons whilst those other 4 continue to get games under their belts or even use Smith as some kind of 3 way trade deal for the now to play alongside Jones and go as hard as hell for a tilt at a flag whilst Liam is still at the top of his game.