Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  78
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: You do that Buku

Buku will excel at a club with better forward running patterns and good delivery from a midfield. I see a Richmond and Geelong as 2 clubs would be looking for a player like him. What is sad if he goes is the invesment we have put in him , but yet sad the return of games played and influurnce
    Last edited by macca; 16-07-2023 at 08:47 PM.

2. Likes G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Buku is a VFL level player for mine. Nice player but lacks speed of mind and intensity.

Clearly the MC feel the same although we've given him ample opportunity to prove us otherwise.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

4. Likes bornadog, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Buku is a VFL level player for mine. Nice player but lacks speed of mind and intensity.

Clearly the MC feel the same although we've given him ample opportunity to prove us otherwise.
    I feel the same.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post

I really want him to succeed but I just don't think it's with us. If he wants to move on, handshake, thank you, good luck and (like Roughy, Greene, etc) he's someone I'd like to see do ok at another club.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

7. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I really want him to succeed but I just don't think it's with us. If he wants to move on, handshake, thank you, good luck and (like Roughy, Greene, etc) he's someone I'd like to see do ok at another club.
    I'd wish him well seems like a well-liked player. He's 23 now and really needs to step up if he wants to remain on the list. It's last chance saloon.

I have this strange feeling he may even come in this week for one of JOD or Darcy.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Great season. 41.21 (Tory Dickson like accuracy) as a ruck/second forward. Despite not being ruck height.

All the best at your new club Buku!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

10. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    And this is what peeves me about our match committee. What it must do for his confidence when a player like JOD has the arms of the MC wrapped around him, while Buku gets a slap across the chops. It makes no sense to us on here. Imagine what it must feel like for the player, and ofcourse others players seeing this pan out.
    Given how poor our forward line was this year Khamis certainly deserves more opportunities as is versatile enough to play either back
    or forward.

12. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If he had a little more leg speed I could find a place in the 22 but in the forward line he is competing against JUH, Naughton and Lobb.
    That's why I think if he had that extra bit of pace he could be useful on the half forward flank.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Given how poor our forward line was this year Khamis certainly deserves more opportunities as is versatile enough to play either back
    or forward.
    But is he good at either?

He's an ok forward, but as he doesn't cover the ground particularly well, is not a ground ball winner, and is primarily a marking forward of which we already have 3 (maybe 4), it's easy to see why we weren't trying to force him in.

Down back he hasn't really shown he has the contested ability nor the tank to perform in the role.

If he was 5cm taller it'd help justify it, but he's a bit too undersized to be the low possession kpp type at either end.

He has ability, and may yet make it, but I don't think him being borderline ok in 3 different positions means he is the best candidate to actually get games.

Curious to VFL watchers, Raak seems to fit a very similiar profile, is he the same thing?
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

15. Likes Mofra, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Raak is a skinny version of Buku but Buku is may be a better shot at goal.

17. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Raak is a skinny version of Buku but Buku is may be a better shot at goal.
    I actually think Raak has more chance of converting to the top level.
    He covers the ground better and may be able to develop onto a wing.
    Buku just needs to be able to develop the running capacity and hasn't managed to demonstrate that he can do that
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Great season. 41.21 (Tory Dickson like accuracy) as a ruck/second forward. Despite not being ruck height.

We're likely holding onto someone like Tim O'Brien and letting this guy go. Instead of pigeon holling him into the Ruck/Fwd spot we really could have trialled him as a defensive player. We're choosing someone who is nearly 30 and no better than the some of the worst VFL players running around over someone who is 23 who could develop into a decent role player for us. I know which hand I'd choose. Maybe our list managers need to come under review as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Buku played all his early games as a defender the issue was that if he didn't mark it he was no longer in the picture.
    I think his best position is forward and is a better set shot than Naughton but his only knock will be what Naughton does after he doesn't mark the ball.
    I think that is what keeps Buku out of the 22.

21. Likes GVGjr, macca, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

Well...all the best at OUR club again in 2024.

These numbers are why I'm glad we're retaining Buku. He is the kind of young depth that good teams have, and is still likely better than whoever would replace his list spot.

23. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Buku popular with group and with fans. Hope he has more opportunities at senior level and makes the most if them. Exciting when he is on song.