Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  13
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to The Bulldogs Lachie Young

Actually Footy wire shows 5 rookies
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Are you sure he is not a senior player?
    Yes because:
    1. We can't have 41 senior players.
    2. He was drafted as a rookie in the mid season draft.
    3. The linked article states he will remain on the rookie list.
    4. All players (including rookies) are listed in the senior section of the website, it's just that Gardner is missing from the rookie section. Like I said the website is clearly out of date so I would not put any credence in it.

3. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Yes because:
    1. We can't have 41 senior players.
    2. He was drafted as a rookie in the mid season draft.
    3. The linked article states he will remain on the rookie list.
    4. All players (including rookies) are listed in the senior section of the website, it's just that Gardner is missing from the rookie section. Like I said the website is clearly out of date so I would not put any credence in it.

Footy wire is up to date

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Footy wire is up to date
    Footy wire is just website compiled by somebody from the info that is out there. I don't think it has anymore reliability than my contract list thread.

6. Likes hujsh, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Footy wire is just website compiled by somebody from the info that is out there. I don't think it has anymore reliability than my contract list thread.
    I'm backing in you and your thread. You're across all the tiny Bulldogs specific stuff with a microscope. Footy wire has to cover 18 clubs and do get it wrong. Example: Last year I was saying we should go after Lachlan Murphy from Adelaide because footy wire said he was uncontracted almost all year. Turns out he signed a contract extension early on. If in doubt, go with Axe Man.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Thanks Axe Man thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I'm backing in you and your thread. You're across all the tiny Bulldogs specific stuff with a microscope. Footy wire has to cover 18 clubs and do get it wrong. Example: Last year I was saying we should go after Lachlan Murphy from Adelaide because footy wire said he was uncontracted almost all year. Turns out he signed a contract extension early on. If in doubt, go with Axe Man.
    Yep, always go with Axey for bulldog related minutia.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

It is actually kept up to date. On match day there are the live stats for every game, so it is run professionally by someone who has access to all stats. I wouldn't dismiss it.

Post Thanks / Like

It is actually kept up to date. On match day there are the live stats for every game, so it is run professionally by someone who has access to all stats. I wouldn't dismiss it.
    And yet it appears, based on all reasonable logic, that it's wrong in this case and is apparently has some history of being wrong with regards to list status.

I don't see what the problem is given Axe Man has listed his sources. Unless Footywire has sources that indicate otherwise Axe Man seems more accurate in this case

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    And yet it appears, based on all reasonable logic, that it's wrong in this case and is apparently has some history of being wrong with regards to list status.

I don't see what the problem is given Axe Man has listed his sources. Unless Footywire has sources that indicate otherwise Axe Man seems more accurate in this case
    I think you misunderstood, I said footywire confirms what Axeman said ie, there are 5 rookies listed.
    Last edited by bornadog; 30-11-2019 at 06:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you miss understood, I said footywire confirms what Axeman said ie, there are 5 rookies listed.
    I had a teacher at school who we called Miss Understood.True.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I had a teacher at school who we called Miss Understood.True.
    Nice one

Post Thanks / Like

Certainly not dismissing them and not commenting at all on their stats. However when it comes to contract information I am pretty sure they have access to exactly the same information the rest of us do: ie that which is publicly disseminated by the clubs.