Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Draft Coverage

I didn't watch any of the coverage this year because I don't enjoy it. I'm happy to follow on the tracker and read about what's happening here on WOOF during and after the fact.

It's a shame, because I love draft, but the whole orchestrated ordeal of the night (and now day) doesn't appeal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    I didn't watch any of the coverage this year because I don't enjoy it. I'm happy to follow on the tracker and read about what's happening here on WOOF during and after the fact.

It's a shame, because I love draft, but the whole orchestrated ordeal of the night (and now day) doesn't appeal.
    You didn't miss much, I recorded but it's a struggle to watch even with the ability to fast forward.
    I'm not sure if the volume of trades caught them out or if they thought they could wing it but they struggled right through the night.

I suspect that the tracker and maybe the SEN coverage would have been better
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    You didn't miss much, I recorded but it's a struggle to watch even with the ability to fast forward.
    I'm not sure if the volume of trades caught them out or if they thought they could wing it but they struggled right through the night.

I suspect that the tracker and maybe the SEN coverage would have been better

I started out with the Foxtel coverage on Thursday night but I only lasted until they had called out our player because it was sooooo boring. Then I just kept up with the tracker.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Another big failure from the AFEL this year. I hope they reverse course next year. But if they made $1 extra from this horrible tv event/s, then it's going to stay. I give Foxtel some credit for bringing in non-bogan junior footy experts in Abblett & Shifter, but with so many list management nuances & live trading etc. in the draft, I can't believe they couldn't find one person to put on the panel that had some understanding what was going on and could then explain it to the viewers. Now I think more about it, I was getting annoyed after every boring interview hearing a panelist say 'this is what people want to see. This is what people want'. Last time I checked, I'm a people and I don't want it. It was almost like the first Day/Night test where every commentator every sentence had to say "this is what the fans want". Manipulating viewers into believing they like the draft coverage they're seeing and laying the ground work for next year. If all youse people had a people congress about what people wanted and didn't invite me and passed a binding people-wanting motion without me I will be barely close to being upset.

This is the thing with the AFEL. If they put all their efforts into getting the basic things right with our game and took being the custodians of the game more seriously instead of chasing the next bullshit thing to do (AFEL X), everyone would be happier and arguably more profitable. But they won't, so maybe the game can follow other great WWE moves like playing in Saudi Arabia. But maybe we can tell our journo's not to write anything critical.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I think I they said “ he could have gone top ten” about every Player from picks 1 to 50.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Agree with that. I do wonder what the costs would be in bringing coverage of state/junior football and if it would rate better than repeats of their prime time shows from the night before (I'd hope more people would watch it but many people are... less discerning than some of us here)
    Not seeing these kids play when you have a dedicated channel is just wrong .

Post Thanks / Like

They could stick a vfl game on for during the week . A WAFL game , a SANFL game

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    They could stick a vfl game on for during the week . A WAFL game , a SANFL game

Or some TAC cup for us tragics. It would be better than the endless replays of 360.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Not seeing these kids play when you have a dedicated channel is just wrong .
    All the games are recorded...I guess it isn't broadcast quality though and the commentary would be an issue though...

One game per week SHOULD be possible.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    All the games are recorded...I guess it isn't broadcast quality though and the commentary would be an issue though...

One game per week SHOULD be possible.
    Is the footage from the goal ends? It's like coaching video?

Not exactly broadcast quality.

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Gilligan thought it was great
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    well pickle my onions! who would have thought.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Even the bit on the first night where he walked out, frowned at somebody from behind the podium and then walked back behind the curtain without saying anything?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Even the bit on the first night where he walked out, frowned at somebody from behind the podium and then walked back behind the curtain without saying anything?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Is the footage from the goal ends? It's like coaching video?

Not exactly broadcast quality.
    Umm. I need to be careful how I say this but 'in my experience' (read into that what you will) there are multiple cameras at each game. One takes a side-on view of the play and moves with the ball as a typical broadcast does. The other is behind the goals and works as a 'fixed' camera - it follows the path of the ball via a joystick control but doesn't zoom in/out. Some grounds have these at each end (so you get 3x feeds to integrate into sportscode) others have only 1x and you just combine the 2x feeds (side on + btg).

There is a company in WA that does broadcasts of all of the WAFL colts games so it would be a relatively straight-forward process to combine this with the side-to-side vision for re-broadcast if they wanted too...or could certainly simply make available to subscribers. I can no longer comment on exactly what the TAC Cup has with regards commentary etc. Good spot for aspiring broadcasters to gain experience though.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

16. Thanks Mofra thanked for this post