Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kayo Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Kayo Sports

Foxtel have launched a new sports streaming service:

https://kayosports.com.au/

For those not wanting to pay out full Foxtel fees, but love their sport, including AFL and Cricket, this could be the solution.

I don't know what the service is like, so can't comment.
    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kayo Sports

I saw this. I'm not sure what took them so long to do something like this. It's decent value if you watch a lot of AFL. $125 essentially for the AFL season (i wouldn't pay during finals).

The best thing about this is that you can actually watch it on a TV. The AFL Live pass app is downright stupid in that it only allows you to watch on phone or tablet. But i guess it's done that way so that foxtel can continue to make money on offerings such as this.

3. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got it last night (couldn't go without watching some cricket) and am really impressed. The value for money is really good - it includes all live sport that Fox broadcast, as well as match replays.

Last night, I watched the Victory game into the T20 and finished off with some Round 22 Richmond v Bulldogs...this could be dangerous going into summer.

5. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A mate did this a week or so ago, swears by it. He just needed to buy the latest Chromecast for his high def TV
    Tough times don't last, tough people do
    "He'll accumulate and be involved, but we're looking a qualitative sheen on his game that we need, and it is part of our scope to score"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    A mate did this a week or so ago, swears by it. He just needed to buy the latest Chromecast for his high def TV
    More apps are coming out, so will be expanded.
    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good. All I watch on Fox is the sports channels anyway. Here's a question I never thought I would ask but does it have American (NBL, NBA, MLB) sports on it? My teenage son has gotten me addicted man...
    WOOF NUMBER 6

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Sounds good. All I watch on Fox is the sports channels anyway. Here's a question I never thought I would ask but does it have American (NBL, NBA, MLB) sports on it? My teenage son has gotten me addicted man...
    It has NBA but only those games Foxtel shows. I assume it would also have MLB as Foxtel shows that as well. But for me I get my NBA fix through the NBA Live app. All games live or on demand. Awesome value for around (sneakily) $100

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    It is basically the Foxtel sports channels streamed over the internet, with a couple of restrictions. You can do a 14 day trial and if you don't like it, cancel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    It is basically the Foxtel sports channels streamed over the internet, with a couple of restrictions. You can do a 14 day trial and if you don't like it, cancel.
    Didn't notice that. What are the restrictions? Or is it just the number of devices that can be watching at once?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Didn't notice that. What are the restrictions? Or is it just the number of devices that can be watching at once?
    What I meant was comparing the Foxtel version to the streaming version. The Foxtel version may have some added features like recording, etc.

I haven't actually seen the Kayo version, but I presume it may be similar to when I had Foxtel Now. On Foxtel Now, for example, when I watched AFL, they cut the viewing, straight after the game and didn't have some of the after match stuff.

I also presume there will be a restriction on number of devices.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What I meant was comparing the Foxtel version to the streaming version. The Foxtel version may have some added features like recording, etc.

I haven't actually seen the Kayo version, but I presume it may be similar to when I had Foxtel Now. On Foxtel Now, for example, when I watched AFL, they cut the viewing, straight after the game and didn't have some of the after match stuff.

I also presume there will be a restriction on number of devices.
    Right I get you. Personally I can live without the post game stuff if I can watch it on demand without having to worry about it recording correctly. Assuming of course it is cut.

Post Thanks / Like

This looks good. Might cannabilise their own market a little though.

I'm a foxtel subscriber with the sports upgrade which means i need the hd upgrade. All I care about from Foxtel is the sport (although the recording feature is very handy for the few abc shows i watch). I could essentially have all the sport I want in hd for the cost of 3 months of my Foxtel subscription.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Right I get you. Personally I can live without the post game stuff if I can watch it on demand without having to worry about it recording correctly. Assuming of course it is cut.
    I have a device where I can record anything streaming

Post Thanks / Like

I'm staggered this has only just become a thing. How long has Netflix been running rampant for?

On-demand has been the way of the world for the better part of a decade.

I can see this being massively successful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I'm staggered this has only just become a thing. How long has Netflix been running rampant for?

On-demand has been the way of the world for the better part of a decade.

I can see this being massively successful.
    Foxtel are slow with taking on ideas, their software to run streaming is also basic, but it is a start.