Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kayo Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kayo Sports

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    This looks good. Might cannabilise their own market a little though.

I'm a foxtel subscriber with the sports upgrade which means i need the hd upgrade. All I care about from Foxtel is the sport (although the recording feature is very handy for the few abc shows i watch). I could essentially have all the sport I want in hd for the cost of 3 months of my Foxtel subscription.
    If you are genuinely only recording ABC shows you can get like 90% of ABC shows on the iview app which is a pretty comprehensive app on multiple platforms

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    If you are genuinely only recording ABC shows you can get like 90% of ABC shows on the iview app which is a pretty comprehensive app on multiple platforms

Yep, I haven't recorded a thing or even stressed about missing a show since I started catching up with Iview.
    WASH YOUR HANDS!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Bump.

Anyone currently using Kayo? How do you find it? Works well?

Does it show the Foxtel footy shows like 360? Can you pause a broadcast?

I'll be using it on my iMac - does anyone else have this set up and if so how does it perform?
    HEIGHT IS OVERRATED: CALEB DANIEL > TOM BOYD

Post Thanks / Like

I use it to watch the Bathurst 12hr and it performed well for me and I couldn't fault it.
    I pick holes in the broadcasting from Fox but that a different story. I only use the 14 day trial as I get AFL live through my Doggie membership so I don't need it for football and the type of motor racing wasn't what I'm interested in so I gave it the flick.
    Technically I had no issues and if I didn't have the AFL live I would go it over Foxtel as I only want the footy and not the other crap.
    There are plenty of talented people in the world. As you already know, talent is not enough. Some of the athletes with the most potential never pan out. What separates the good from the great is determination and work ethic.

5. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Kayo has been good for me. Only issues quality wise have been on my end. I don't watch them but i believe they do have all the fox footy shows like 360, and as you are generally watching each show on demand you can pause as much aa you like.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies.

Do any of you access Kayo via a desktop computer? If so, how does it perform through a web browser?
    HEIGHT IS OVERRATED: CALEB DANIEL > TOM BOYD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

Do any of you access Kayo via a desktop computer? If so, how does it perform through a web browser?
    If you have a look at Whirlpool forum there is a long discussion on kayo.

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/35r5yx19
    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s awesome.

Yes it has the footy shows. I chrome cast it onto my TV from the phone but will prob get an Apple TV soon as then you can watch two things at once and it’s a bit more seamless.

A great app and kudos to Foxtel for bringing it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    It’s awesome.

Yes it has the footy shows. I chrome cast it onto my TV from the phone but will prob get an Apple TV soon as then you can watch two things at once and it’s a bit more seamless.

A great app and kudos to Foxtel for bringing it out.
    Make sure you get the ATV 4k version
    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Bump.

Anyone currently using Kayo? How do you find it? Works well?

Does it show the Foxtel footy shows like 360? Can you pause a broadcast?

I'll be using it on my iMac - does anyone else have this set up and if so how does it perform?
    I use it on my MacBook. Often connect to my non Smart TV via HDMI. No huge issues with it from a functional perspective. Would be good if it started a replay from the point you stopped watching if you have to stop. Great for European football (Bundesliga, Serie A, La Liga). I use it for AFL and the coverage is as per Foxtel with access to 360 etc.
    My main problem is that NBA games only stay on for about 3 days, which makes it hard to keep up as they mostly clump together in the back half of the week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I use it on my MacBook. Often connect to my non Smart TV via HDMI. No huge issues with it from a functional perspective. Would be good if it started a replay from the point you stopped watching if you have to stop. Great for European football (Bundesliga, Serie A, La Liga). I use it for AFL and the coverage is as per Foxtel with access to 360 etc.
    My main problem is that NBA games only stay on for about 3 days, which makes it hard to keep up as they mostly clump together in the back half of the week.
    You can buy a device that can record off live streaming, if you are interested.

Post Thanks / Like

I used Kayo last year, off a tablet or laptop with no issues. It streams like any subscription service (Netflix) or on-demand content provided (iView, SBS On Demand). I don't have a fixed line connection at home so would hotspot my devices from my phone data and it worked fine.

This year I'll get a VGA to HDMI cable to plug it into my TV. I'll sign up again today or tomorrow. Last year I cancelled the service as soon as the Bulldogs were eliminated as I only really use it for AFL.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

One thing with Kayo is it runs 15-20 seconds behind the TV broadcast. Can totally ruin any group chats you’re in.
    https://www.instagram.com/shanebiggs/

Lachie Hunter - Good AFL Player

Post Thanks / Like

I've got it, great for footy season. Wish it had more MMA/combat sports.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.