Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Who Are We? (2018-19 Off Season Quiz Thread)

The last few years we've been running the 'Who am I' thread? It's been getting easier and we have just about done everyone. So I've tweaked the concept to include two or more players to make it a bit more lively, I.e. 'Who are we?'

This might include two or more Bulldogs players, or 1+ Bulldogs player and 1+ opposition player. It might be an onfield event, a connection through family, something a few/couple of players did off field. You get to work out the complexity of your question, should you win the right. For example, "Who are we? One of us took mark of the year on top of the head of the other player in 2001?

Answer: Brad Johnson (sore head), Gary Moorcroft (mark of the year, 2001).

Now the live question: Who are we? Footscray traded Michael Martin to Brisbane for a player a draft pick used on selecting another player. Thus the dogs landed two players out of that trade by the end of the draft. Who are we?

As per usual, using Google or Wikipedia for answers defeats the purpose. But for questions, feel free.

As per usual, the winner gets to ask the next question. And then has a few hours to get the question up, or a question goes up in its place to keep the thread moving.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 03-12-2018 at 10:28 PM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who Are We? (2018-19 Off Season Quiz Thread)

I'll help this along, I'm confident the player is Trent Bartlett. I'm not sure of the other player though although I suspect it was one of the class of 1999
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'll help this along, I'm confident the player is Trent Bartlett. I'm not sure of the other player though although I suspect it was one of the class of 1999
    Yes, the ugg. Yes a class of 99 draftee.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I think that Hargrave might have been the player drafted with the pick. So lock in Hargrave & Bartlett.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    I think that Hargrave might have been the player drafted with the pick.
    Close. But no.

Post Thanks / Like

Bartlett and Gilbee?

Post Thanks / Like

It wasn't Murphy so that leaves Giansiracusa, Hahn, Wiggins, Gilbee and Bowden I think.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Bartlett and Gilbee?
    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It wasn't Murphy so that leaves Giansiracusa, Hahn, Wiggins, Gilbee and Bowden I think.
    No to Gilbs. A hint, we got a good pick in the trade.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    No to Gilbs. A hint, we got a good pick in the trade.
    From memory we picked up Hahn & Hargrave in the Cameron trade to Richmond.

I think it was the Gia pick 32 + Bartlett
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    From memory we picked up Hahn & Hargrave in the Cameron trade to Richmond.

I think it was the Gia pick 32 + Bartlett
    Winner. Who are we? Bartlett& Giansiracusa.

You’re up Doc.

11. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My favourite thread! This, cricket, EPL and oxy is what gets me through Christmas...
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

13. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Who am I?

I made my debut as a 22 yo mature age recruit and by the time I was 26 my career with the bulldogs was over. Despite this I was able to achieve some considerable accomplishments including one record that stands to this day. Additionally, in my draft, myself and another bulldogs draftee would go on to be in the top 5 most games played in the AFL from all players selected in our draft.

Prior to my career with the Bulldogs I had tried out with them as a junior only to be rejected for being too fat and too slow. I would play VFA on either side of my time with the Dogs and would also play in the SANFL. Once again achieving some great heights.

Post Thanks / Like

My first instinct is Danny Del Re but I don't know if he played SANFL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    My first instinct is Danny Del Re but I don't know if he played SANFL.
    you win

Danny Delre it is.

He won the Ken Farmer medal for booting 97 goals in the 1995 season. The year after he finished with us. He played with Williamstown on either side of his AFL/SANFL career

He would kick 8 goals in the semi vs Geelong in 1992. A record for most goals by a Bulldogs player in a final that still stands today. He had a purple patch mid 1992 when in successive weeks he destroyed Langford from Hawthorn booting 5 goals, then rag dolled Alistair lynch from Fitzroy booting 6 (5 in 1 1/4 from memory) then 7 against anyone whoever came near him from Melbourne. Was our leading goalkicker in 1992 & 1993

Post Thanks / Like

Alrighty then. A test to see who else has watched this moment over and over:

We are the four players involved in Marcus Bontempelli's preliminary final goal, not including the man himself.