Post Thanks / Like

Re: The League Injuries Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    He has a few farts too.
    Or is it just him?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Carlisle with back issues and about to have surgery. Could be out for the year. Fingers crossed Tom Boyd's back isn't as bad, but I fear the worse.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Massive blow for Stkilda added Steven also out
    Old cricket injury apparently

Post Thanks / Like

Will he or won't he?

'I'm ready to go': Buddy pushes 'Horse' to pick him

SYDNEY superstar Lance Franklin remains a chance to face the Western Bulldogs at Marvel Stadium on Saturday night after continuing to build his training over the weekend.

Franklin had groin surgery in November and didn't feature in the JLT Community Series, but despite looking certain to miss the Swans' season opener against the Dogs a month ago, he's been able to gradually increase his training loads.

Coach John Longmire said on Monday that no decision had been made on Franklin, who will train with the team on Tuesday and Thursday in a bid to prove his fitness.

Given Franklin hasn't been officially ruled out by the Swans there's little doubt he's in the frame to line up against the Bulldogs, but with a six-day break before Sydney plays Adelaide in round two, he is still more likely to miss the trip to Melbourne.

Post Thanks / Like

Jesse Hogan out with Clinical Anxiety

There is no timeframe on his return to football.

"Jesse will not be available for selection for Sunday's game against North Melbourne at Optus Stadium while he focuses on his personal management of clinical anxiety," general manager of football Peter Bell said.

"The club has been aware of Jesse's clinical anxiety and has wrapped the appropriate support measures around him and will continue to do so.

"Jesse continues to train very hard on the training track and he will continue to train with the team, but his clinical anxiety can lead to him making poor decisions around alcohol consumption and, therefore, impact his health and wellbeing.

"Jesse made poor choices around alcohol consumption on Saturday evening prior to our training run at Optus Stadium on Sunday and as a result he did not take part in training.

"Jesse's circumstances have been shared with club leaders and the player leadership group.

"The club and our playing group are united in continuing to provide all the necessary ongoing support to Jesse, and we are not putting a time frame on his return to playing."

It's unreal how many players are struggling with the demands of playing football
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

With the Crows on the horizon I'm tipping Horse won't risk Buddy's groin against us.

Take from that what you will.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Jesse Hogan out with Clinical Anxiety

There is no timeframe on his return to football.

"Jesse will not be available for selection for Sunday's game against North Melbourne at Optus Stadium while he focuses on his personal management of clinical anxiety," general manager of football Peter Bell said.

"The club has been aware of Jesse's clinical anxiety and has wrapped the appropriate support measures around him and will continue to do so.

"Jesse continues to train very hard on the training track and he will continue to train with the team, but his clinical anxiety can lead to him making poor decisions around alcohol consumption and, therefore, impact his health and wellbeing.

"Jesse made poor choices around alcohol consumption on Saturday evening prior to our training run at Optus Stadium on Sunday and as a result he did not take part in training.

"Jesse's circumstances have been shared with club leaders and the player leadership group.

"The club and our playing group are united in continuing to provide all the necessary ongoing support to Jesse, and we are not putting a time frame on his return to playing."

It's unreal how many players are struggling with the demands of playing football
    There is a video of Jesse on social media and I'm not sure alcohol is what he is under the influence of.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    There is a video of Jesse on social media and I'm not sure alcohol is what he is under the influence of.
    This whole thing is murky to say the least. There is every possibility that clinical anxiety is behind his weekend substance appetite, but with what we know about the loopholes in the drugs policy you can’t help but throw an eyebrow in the air.

When the Melbourne/Freo tooing and froing was happening there were a lot of salacious rumours around Jesse and the whole situation seemed pretty reminiscent of the Stringer situation. Probably the big difference was that Melbourne did a better job of fooling the world into thinking they still wanted him (which was strongly rumoured to not be the case), Fremantle blinked, and Melbourne got compensated on potential probably moreso than reality.

I hope that if he legitimately has mental health concerns he is able to get the support around him that allows himself to manage it better and to also get back to his best on the footy field. If it is all a smokescreen I hope Freo are able to see through it and give him the discipline and kick up the arse to get himself back on track.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    This whole thing is murky to say the least. There is every possibility that clinical anxiety is behind his weekend substance appetite, but with what we know about the loopholes in the drugs policy you can’t help but throw an eyebrow in the air.

When the Melbourne/Freo tooing and froing was happening there were a lot of salacious rumours around Jesse and the whole situation seemed pretty reminiscent of the Stringer situation. Probably the big difference was that Melbourne did a better job of fooling the world into thinking they still wanted him (which was strongly rumoured to not be the case), Fremantle blinked, and Melbourne got compensated on potential probably moreso than reality.

I hope that if he legitimately has mental health concerns he is able to get the support around him that allows himself to manage it better and to also get back to his best on the footy field. If it is all a smokescreen I hope Freo are able to see through it and give him the discipline and kick up the arse to get himself back on track.
    It's been reported that Freo did their due diligence on Hogan and subsequently decided not to pursue him given his issues. The CEO then overruled Peter Bell and the footy department.

Can you imagine the uproar on here if Bains overruled Sam Power and recruited a player with known behavioral issues?
    Last edited by Axe Man; 20-03-2019 at 09:48 AM.

10. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've heard all the rumours about Hogan and I know he's not behaving in a way you'd want from a professional athlete, but:
    - He just survived cancer
    - He just lost his dad to cancer
    - He's 23

I would seriously consider getting him away from Perth for a couple of weeks, getting him away from football completely just for that mental break. He's a serious talent and still young with a huge career ahead of him. Give him a chance to take a break, reflect then come back to worry about football.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

12. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog Revolution, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I've heard all the rumours about Hogan and I know he's not behaving in a way you'd want from a professional athlete, but:
    - He just survived cancer
    - He just lost his dad to cancer
    - He's 23

I would seriously consider getting him away from Perth for a couple of weeks, getting him away from football completely just for that mental break. He's a serious talent and still young with a huge career ahead of him. Give him a chance to take a break, reflect then come back to worry about football.
    I think his brother was diagnosed with cancer as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Rance with a suspected ACL. Pretty innocuous incident where his leg buckled slightly as he landed. I was pretty impressed that he was able to keep smiling and putting on a brave face (real team first attitude) while he sat on the bench knowing his season was likely over.
    Will be interesting to see how Richmond handle the less than perfect injury list that they have enjoyed or most of the last two seasons. I think he is overrated (and if they paid the frees against him that they do to other less credentialed defenders) he would be nowhere near as valuable, but would still be a massive loss to their structure.
    Last edited by The Adelaide Connection; 22-03-2019 at 02:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

It's official, it's an ACL for Rance.

Suspect they're fairly well placed to adapt though.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    It's official, it's an ACL for Rance.

Suspect they're fairly well placed to adapt though.
    Social Media today suggests that Rance is the first player to ever suffer a season ending injury.

It's sickening how the media pander to the unwashed.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

He’s irreplaceable for them . Reads the play well , going to be interesting