Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  65
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The League Injuries Thread

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Who?
    Nick Watson. Strange that a player with a few games under his belt is known by a nickname.

2. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Who?
    Nick Watson from the Hawks

4. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just hate seeing this on a footy field. I hope he is OK. Game was stopped for eight minutes.

Vision: https://x.com/IncrediblyBozza/status...02793908732046

GWS: Sam is conscious after being taken from the field. He’ll be assessed in the rooms before being taken to hospital for further monitoring.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    I just hate seeing this on a footy field. I hope he is OK. Game was stopped for eight minutes.

Vision: https://x.com/IncrediblyBozza/status...02793908732046

GWS: Sam is conscious after being taken from the field. He’ll be assessed in the rooms before being taken to hospital for further monitoring.
    Damn. Taylor is a such a talent. Hope he fully recovers
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Breaking - Collingwood premiership defender Nathan Murphy has this morning told teammates he is retiring.

A meeting with a panel of experts on Saturday determined he be medically retired after concussion.

Post Thanks / Like

Breaking - Collingwood premiership defender Nathan Murphy has this morning told teammates he is retiring.

A meeting with a panel of experts on Saturday determined he be medically retired after concussion.
    Gee wiz. Only 24.

Post Thanks / Like

Woah...we all just know this is still just brewing... right..... The single biggest issue confronting all contact sports going forward.
    At what point will the industry defense be 'hey we accept kids born prior to say 2024 would be covered by any potential class action or forward planning special retirement fund for players.. However at some point anyone continuing to choose a contact sport does so manifestly aware of the inherent risks...
    Surely that is going to be at least part of the seismic changes that eventually will smash into the game...in the not too distant future.

Am I being way to melodramatic and 'catasrophising'?.. I vacillate on this issue all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Woah...we all just know this is still just brewing... right..... The single biggest issue confronting all contact sports going forward.
    At what point will the industry defense be 'hey we accept kids born prior to say 2024 would be covered by any potential class action or forward planning special retirement fund for players.. However at some point anyone continuing to choose a contact sport does so manifestly aware of the inherent risks...
    Surely that is going to be at least part of the seismic changes that eventually will smash into the game...in the not too distant future.

Am I being way to melodramatic and 'catasrophising'?.. I vacillate on this issue all the time.
    Nope-I think you?re right. Rule changes will make game nothing like it is now.