Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  64
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The League Injuries Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    I'm sorry for Tom but not for the club that has had Lady Luck in bondage for decades.
    Not to mention the 'Free kick Hawthorn' attitude the umpires have had for the last decade.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

It's a tough sport...hope the surgery goes well and he has a smooth recovery.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    It's a tough sport...hope the surgery goes well and he has a smooth recovery.
    I agree with this. Although the evil part of me is glad I got on Jack Macrae for the Brownlow a week ago.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

I feel for Mitchell who was coming off a great season and he would have felt confident the Hawks could have been a contender this year.
    This will test the depth of the Hawks playing list and we will see if Wingard and O'Meara can cover the loss.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

5. Thanks Yankee Hotel Foxtrot thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Confirmed clean fib-tib break for Mitchell

Post Thanks / Like

Olly Wines with a significant shoulder injury from water skiiing.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Olly Wines with a significant shoulder injury from water skiiing.
    Connor Blakely also out for half the season after he tore his hamstring off the bone.

Post Thanks / Like

On top of that and Carlton are having some challenges as well with Kruezer having some surgery and new recruit Faslo will miss some footy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    On top of that and Carlton are having some challenges as well with Kruezer having some surgery and new recruit Faslo will miss some footy.
    Faslo wrestling with his mates and breaks an arm- I would be pissed off if this was a doggies player.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Faslo wrestling with his mates and breaks an arm- I would be pissed off if this was a doggies player.
    And yet most of our supporters were fine with Cooney surfing an esky lid down a cobbled street at the end of the season even with his dicky knee and even more than okay with an impaired Liberatore playing footy in Vietnam despite his issues.
    In most instances it really depends on the player and considerations like if they have just won flag.

In terms of standards we tend to expect more from players who haven't proven themselves and vastly less from those who have.
    In other words we aren't necessarily consistent with how we apply the dickhead factor. No pun intended but we tend to let the cool kids skate by.

Post Thanks / Like

And yet most of our supporters were fine with Cooney surfing an esky lid down a cobbled street at the end of the season even with his dicky knee and even more than okay with an impaired Liberatore playing footy in Vietnam despite his issues.
    In most instances it really depends on the player and considerations like if they have just won flag.

In terms of standards we tend to expect more from players who haven't proven themselves and vastly less from those who have.
    In other words we aren't necessarily consistent with how we apply the dickhead factor. No pun intended but we tend to let the cool kids skate by.
    I think there is also the difference between the off season and the preseason.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Sam Naismith almost certain to miss round 1 and Buddy is yet to resume running after a groin operation. If he does get up for round 1 he should be underdone. I'm feeling good about our chances against the Swans but then I felt good going into round 1 last year as well.

Post Thanks / Like

De Goey has rolled his ankle, but no report on how bad it is. He is one with super talent but body is always breaking down.

Post Thanks / Like

That's BS, that pun was definitely intended. It's not bad too
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    De Goey has rolled his ankle, but no report on how bad it is. He is one with super talent but body is always breaking down.
    He has a few farts too.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite