Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Family Day 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Family Day 2018

Got there early today and bumped into WOOF member Josie.

Had a close look at training and talked to a few club officials

Younger players:
    Naughton looks massive now and has added considerable size. His arms are now particularly muscular. A noticeable difference in just 12 months
    Lipinski has also put in a lot of work and as a few of us have previously mentioned he is no longer a skinny kid
    English has really filled out, his legs and arms are substantially bigger than hen he first arrived. There is a fair bit of faith by the club that he is very close to being a regular senior player in 2019. He and Naughton did a few kicking drills early on and both seem to have modified their kicking actions just a bit
    In running drills, Greene was right up in the front group. He's done a lot of work with his fitness which might be a sign that he could be considered with some rotations in the midfield
    Schache's legs have really filled out. He is such a smooth mover for a big man
    West is also very noticeable with his running and his neat kicking skills. Expect him to play some senior footy in 2019
    Lachlan Young is a nice kick. Khamis seems to be on a modified running program and was very much in the back of a small group of players in some running drills. Cavarra looks like a natural player with an easy and efficient kicking action

Senior players:
    Wallis was right in the front group on all the running drills, he seemed to be the one setting and pushing the pace
    Great to see Dickson with the group as I was told this is the first time in 3 years he's had completed a lot of work by this time of the year. Trengove missed a few sessions and camps last year with the arrival of twins and then had some injury challenges and I believe he is also further advanced than 12 months ago.
    Bontempelli and Dunkley were very prominent in the running sessions. Dunks seems to also be well advanced on previous years. Bontempelli on a slightly modified program.
    I was told the club was particularly pleased about getting Duryea and Lloyd and that they will add a lot of depth to us
    It was interesting talking to a couple of people, no one can quite agree where Bailey Williams should player but everyone is bullish on his 2019 season

I'll add a bit more later on
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Family Day 2018

I thought in the past, Family Day was in January/February?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I think they run a couple but I suspect there are some camp's after the Xmas break
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks GVGjr. I was there this morning but missed the early morning training sesssion.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah East West Day used to be in January. If there is another fan day like this in Feb hopefully I’ll catch the training session but still always good to go out to the Whitten Oval again.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Yeah East West Day used to be in January. If there is another fan day like this in Feb hopefully I’ll catch the training session but still always good to go out to the Whitten Oval again.
    Just looked up a few:

2016 - February -https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?15344-Western-Bulldogs-Family-Day-2016&highlight=family+day

2014 - february - https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showth...ght=family+day

2009 - March - https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showth...ght=family+day

Not sure why they have changed this to before Christmas?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Just looked up a few:

2016 - February -https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?15344-Western-Bulldogs-Family-Day-2016&highlight=family+day

2014 - february - https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showth...ght=family+day

2009 - March - https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showth...ght=family+day

Not sure why they have changed this to before Christmas?
    Quite a few events now in December. Probably linked to the player association rules I’m guessing but not 100% sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn’t get there today , but thanks for the reports

Post Thanks / Like

When I got Dale Morris signature I thanked him for signing on again. The line for Bont was huge again as I remember it was big in February when I was there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    When I got Dale Morris signature I thanked him for signing on again. The line for Bont was huge again as I remember it was big in February when I was there.
    His the Bont, his the (very good looking) face of the club whether he likes it or not, when people think Bulldogs they think Bont.

Although in my household the women think Easton is a much better looking lad.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Got there early today and bumped into WOOF member Josie.

Had a close look at training and talked to a few club officials

Younger players:
    Naughton looks massive now and has added considerable size. His arms are now particularly muscular. A noticeable difference in just 12 months
    Lipinski has also put in a lot of work and as a few of us have previously mentioned he is no longer a skinny kid
    English has really filled out, his legs and arms are substantially bigger than hen he first arrived. There is a fair bit of faith by the club that he is very close to being a regular senior player in 2019. He and Naughton did a few kicking drills early on and both seem to have modified their kicking actions just a bit
    In running drills, Greene was right up in the front group. He's done a lot of work with his fitness which might be a sign that he could be considered with some rotations in the midfield
    Schache's legs have really filled out. He is such a smooth mover for a big man
    West is also very noticeable with his running and his neat kicking skills. Expect him to play some senior footy in 2019
    Lachlan Young is a nice kick. Khamis seems to be on a modified running program and was very much in the back of a small group of players in some running drills. Cavarra looks like a natural player with an easy and efficient kicking action

Senior players:
    Wallis was right in the front group on all the running drills, he seemed to be the one setting and pushing the pace
    Great to see Dickson with the group as I was told this is the first time in 3 years he's had completed a lot of work by this time of the year. Trengove missed a few sessions and camps last year with the arrival of twins and then had some injury challenges and I believe he is also further advanced than 12 months ago.
    Bontempelli and Dunkley were very prominent in the running sessions. Dunks seems to also be well advanced on previous years. Bontempelli on a slightly modified program.
    I was told the club was particularly pleased about getting Duryea and Lloyd and that they will add a lot of depth to us
    It was interesting talking to a couple of people, no one can quite agree where Bailey Williams should player but everyone is bullish on his 2019 season

I'll add a bit more later on
    Thank you very much for sharing this! Exactly the type of info its great to stay abreast of which you can’t get anywhere else

12. Likes Eastdog, I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Thank you very much for sharing this! Exactly the type of info its great to stay abreast of which you can’t get anywhere else
    Really good particular for woofers who went on Saturday but either missed or didn’t watch the training sesssion very well. GVGjr and Smads57 give very high quality reports. Much appreciated.

14. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This was signed by Dunks at the East West Day in Glen Waverley a week before the main Family day at Whitten Oval. Like how he signed it with the number 20 as this was my Bulldogs premiers footy.

16. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post