Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player X will have a great year in 2019

Hopefully the answer's *plenty* if we're to climb back up the ranks ... but given the faith the club's put in him I've a funny feeling English might make a few clubs and their supporters stop and think jeez, why didn't *we* scoop him up before pick #19 ...
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We don't have a lot of depth for KP defenders so if he can get a bit of a role and make the most of his chances he could take a step forward. The thing about Young is that he is a good intercept mark and that he is very quick for his size and these are traits KP defenders require. If he can add another 10 games to his tally in 2019 I think it would be regarded as a very good season for him
    Thanks mate, had really high hopes for young end of 2017 but feel there is something lacking for him to not play this year given our injuries. Hope I’m wrong, agree if he can use his intercept marking, keep his pace and add strength to lock down he could be a real player.

Also - noticed you mentioned “Smith fully fit” in this thread. Is he injured?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Thanks mate, had really high hopes for young end of 2017 but feel there is something lacking for him to not play this year given our injuries. Hope I’m wrong, agree if he can use his intercept marking, keep his pace and add strength to lock down he could be a real player.

Recovering from an Achilles injury from late in the season

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post

As Hujsh mentioned, Smith has an Achilles injury that has delayed his start
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Boyd. No more Bullies to worry about. Going to kill it this season. Will be the power forward we all hoped he would be with stints in the ruck. Fly!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

6. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping that Bailey Williams completes the transition into the midfield and starts to show the competition how good he can be. He has slowly built his reputation in last 2 seasons. We know from his underage years that he can be a ball magnet, has good skills and shows great determination. Love his attitude, skills, vision and now I think he is ready to really move to the next level.

Perfect Bevo player - can play back, forward and midfield. That goal he scored against 2 players in the goal square ( can't remember which team) was a great example of his determination, grit and skill. Really looking forward to seeing him develop into a special player in 2019.

8. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Torpedo View Post
    I'm hoping that Bailey Williams completes the transition into the midfield and starts to show the competition how good he can be. He has slowly built his reputation in last 2 seasons. We know from his underage years that he can be a ball magnet, has good skills and shows great determination. Love his attitude, skills, vision and now I think he is ready to really move to the next level.

Perfect Bevo player - can play back, forward and midfield. That goal he scored against 2 players in the goal square ( can't remember which team) was a great example of his determination, grit and skill. Really looking forward to seeing him develop into a special player in 2019.
    Scary that he's going to be uncontracted at the end of next season. Sign him up.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Bailey Williams for me. He showed so much last year in back line & midfield and then got the injury. In for a huge year if stays fit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wannaknowmore View Post
    Bailey Williams for me. He showed so much last year in back line & midfield and then got the injury. In for a huge year if stays fit.
    He looks fit to me so I agree he is well positioned for a strong 2019 season.
    I'm genuinely excited about the prospect of a number of our younger players taking another step forward in 2019.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He looks fit to me so I agree he is well positioned for a strong 2019 season.
    I'm genuinely excited about the prospect of a number of our younger players taking another step forward in 2019.
    I have to agree with Bailey Williams, he will be an absolute gun, as a side thought, how good will the intra club games be to watch this year, we have some genuine talent ready to go.