Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Melbourne FC

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Melbourne FC

Melbourne are an attractive target thanks to the AFL doing hardcore image rehabilitation on their behalf.

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce Duperouzel's recruitment was the last time we were even close to a destination club. That's the real issue. However it feels better, more authentic to grow our own greats.
    Melbourne has had such help from AFL that you'd suspect thats the case with their latest recruits. Plus Melbourne to me still have glamour because they are tthe capital's team and had a proud history until most of us were born. My father played reserves with them and died in '64, so he missrd their ugly slide to irrelevence. In his memory I hope they win one soon.

3. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Bruce Duperouzel's recruitment was the last time we were even close to a destination club. That's the real issue. However it feels better, more authentic to grow our own greats.
    Melbourne has had such help from AFL that you'd suspect thats the case with their latest recruits. Plus Melbourne to me still have glamour because they are tthe capital's team and had a proud history until most of us were born. My father played reserves with them and died in '64, so he missrd their ugly slide to irrelevence. In his memory I hope they win one soon.
    With all due respect to your Dad, I can not hope Melbourne (or anyone else) win a flag.

Every one they win is one we miss out on.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    With all due respect to your Dad, I can not hope Melbourne (or anyone else) win a flag.

Every one they win is one we miss out on.
    Only if we're not in it....

Post Thanks / Like

Bernie Vince's comments about May were interesting...bit of a dig at the standards of GC in previous pre-seasons. He was also a huge wrap for Tom Sparrow who I'm looking forward to seeing in action.

I'm not convinced on Melbourne as a genuine premiership contender yet, but they've got a solid midfield, the games best ruck and reliable key position players at both ends. If a couple of their midfielders make the leap to elite they'll be a tough side to beat.
    #bemorebulldog

Men of Mayhem