Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  10
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: All your club wants for Christmas is ...

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I must admit the constant complaining about injuries and an inexperienced list after just about every loss got tiresome. I dont want to see that trend again this year. We've got a good list and if we cop some injuries we just need to get on with it.
    I don't think anyone was complaining about the injuries, it was a discussion point. When a quarter of your list is out and mostly senior players it is inevitable you will have young players picked before their time.

If it is a concern and we don't want to discuss injuries, then I won't be bothered with the injury thread in 2019.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I don't think anyone was complaining about the injuries, it was a discussion point. When a quarter of your list is out and mostly senior players it is inevitable you will have young players picked before their time.

If it is a concern and we don't want to discuss injuries, then I won't be bothered with the injury thread in 2019.
    Discussing injuries is a good topic, we should be fleshing out why we are copping a high level of injuries when other clubs are managing it better.
    I do however, struggle when after a loss the first explanation being offered up is "the other mob are older and have played more games".
    To me its all about the endeavour displayed and at times I think that was significantly more of an issue than how many games each 22 have played.

On the positive side we've cleared out some of the distracted players over the last two years so I'm hoping we can focus more about how we play than injuries and experience of the 22 selected.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

No serious injuries please. Liam Picken 2016 Finals Version, ditto Tory Dickson/Tom Boyd, Libber to play every game and get under the opposition's skin. I want more Rhyce Shaw moments. Josh Schase to become a gun sharp shooting mobile headache for the opposition. Richards, Naughton, Gowers, Crozier, Lipinski, English to build, Lewis Young to fulfill his potential, Mitch Wallis to play every game and be the bloke who can kick goals, be a tagger or a Matty Boyd type defender, Bailey Williams and Bailey Dale to have big years. Especially Dale. I rate him as a very clever player. Caleb Daniel to play that 'distributor' role so well again when he plays down back, Toby McLean to kick MORE goals, Lachie Hunter to win the Brownlow, Susan Alberti to be our next Governor General - I could keep going but I think you've got the picture.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Bonti to win his first of 8 consecutive brownlows in the red white and blue

5. Likes merantau, S Coast Simon liked this post