Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
I have watched pretty much every game Tom Boyd has ever played.

Boyd in the RUCK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Boyd as a forward.

Of course, the argument is going to come back 'If he would just leave him there...'.

Well, if he would just leave him there then what? He hasn't played well as a forward at AFL level. He doesn't lead hard enough - sure as certain doesn't hit the logos - and drops too many marks.

I think Bevo has played Boyd in absolutely the right position...the problem has been he is injured/unavailable ALL THE TIME so hasn't gotten any continuity (hence confidence) with his footy.
I have to disagree on this. In my opinion we haven't really given him enough of a chance to establish himself as a forward. If he is fit and with the very likely scenario that English and Trengove will be the preferred ruckman I'm hoping that Boyd spend the majority of his time up forward. If that doesn't work then fine I'll concede he has to become a ruckman but lets give him that chance.