Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List - 2019

Nice pick-up KT
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Likes KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say two weeks , one week for op and one week recovery.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I would say two weeks , one week for op and one week recovery.
    Hopefully no longer
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Injury update: Tom Liberatore
    Jun 16, 2019 3:00PM

Tom Liberatore has been cleared of any ACL or ligament injury suffered in the side's win over Carlton. - Western Bulldogs
    Tom Liberatore has been cleared of any ACL or ligament injury suffered in the side's win over Carlton.
    Western Bulldogs midfielder Tom Liberatore will undergo arthroscopic surgery for a knee injury sustained in Saturday night’s win against Carlton.

Scans have confirmed a cartilage injury to his right knee, and cleared him of any ACL or ligament injury.

Liberatore’s return to play plan and timeframe will be confirmed post-surgery

So hes having surgery? That doesnt sound good - was such an innocuous incident too. I reckon its still pretty concerning.
    The dam wall has busted!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    So hes having surgery? That doesnt sound good - was such an innocuous incident too. I reckon its still pretty concerning.
    I think from a career longevity perspective it’s not good. He’s had a fair bit of knee work!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Arthroscope surgery is very small , I believe it’s cartlidge clean which is minor.
    But I could be wrong, we are known to tell porkies sometimes.
    From the photos after the game Libber didn’t look to worried.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Arthroscope surgery is very small , I believe it’s cartlidge clean which is minor.
    But I could be wrong, we are known to tell porkies sometimes.
    From the photos after the game Libber didn’t look to worried.
    It's just keyhole I believe. I've got to get mine done at some stage and the doc said there is not much to it. He'll miss 3 - 4 at least which we can't really afford either. It's concerning though, like you said it's not like we've been real honest with our injury time frames recently.

Post Thanks / Like

No rush back. Give Libba the rest of the year off to get it right if that's what the injury demands. He's too important to us longer term.

Might just about be time to start looking at who needs surgery and pre-meditated spells.

2020's just around the corner.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Update

Veteran defender Dale Morris is closing in on a return to football.

Morris is tracking well in the final stages of his recovery from an ACL injury, according to medical services manager Chris Bell.

"He’s back into full training and ticking all our boxes really well,” Bell said.

“We still have to be diligent being at the end stage of his rehab, to make sure we’re doing everything possible to prove that he’s ready to return to play.

“If that return to play isn’t this week, I’m sure it will be in the not-too-distant future.”

Tom Liberatore’s return to play timeframe will be known following surgery on his injury tonight.

The midfielder took no further part in the game on Saturday night, after sustaining the injury in the second term.

“Assessment has confirmed that Tom has suffered some damage to the cartilage inside his knee,” Bell said.

“I’m happy to say his anterior cruciate ligament that he’s previously had reconstructed is intact and unaffected by the injury.

“We’ll be in a better position to return Tom’s return to play plan following this operation.”

Return to play timeframes have also become clearer for Mitch Wallis and Billy Gowers.

Both are anticipated to return to full training from their ankle injuries over the next two-three weeks, and all going to plan, be available to play shortly after that.

“Mitch is making good progress following the bone stress injury that he has in the front of his ankle,” Bell said.

“He’s completed a week of running on our alter-gravity treadmill machine, and he’s due to start running outside today.”

“We were required to put Bill in a CAM boot to help the ligament heal on the outside part of his ankle.

“He’s due to come out of the CAM boot this Thursday and recommence some running outside.”

Player Injury Duration
    Tom Liberatore knee TBC
    Dale Morris knee Test
    Fergus Greene shoulder 2-4 weeks
    Mitch Wallis ankle 3-4 weeks
    Billy Gowers ankle 3-5 weeks
    Lukas Webb ankle 4-6 weeks

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Libba to miss at least a month after knee surgery

AFTER fears Western Bulldog Tom Liberatore had re-ruptured his ACL in his right knee, the midfielder could be back in as little as a month.

The 27-year-old underwent arthroscopic surgery on Monday to repair cartilage damage.

He is facing four to six weeks on the sidelines after the injury, which occurred when he changed direction while chasing Carlton's Kade Simpson in the second quarter of Saturday night's three-point win.

"The arthroscopic surgery on Tom's knee went according to plan," Western Bulldogs medical services manager Chris Bell told the club website.

"He will now undergo a period of rehabilitation to prepare him to return to play, and we anticipate he will be available to return in four to six weeks."

Liberatore tore the ACL in his right knee at the start of 2018 and missed the entire season.

The Bulldogs have a relatively healthy injury list, missing only Dale Morris (knee), Fergus Greene (shoulder), Billy Gowers, Mitch Wallis and Lukas Webb (all ankle injuries).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Libba to miss at least a month after knee surgery

The Bulldogs have a relatively healthy injury list, missing only Dale Morris (knee), Fergus Greene (shoulder), Billy Gowers, Mitch Wallis and Lukas Webb (all ankle injuries).
    Crazy considering in 2016 we had so many injuries.

Post Thanks / Like

When did Greene do his shoulder? It must have happened during his first game back?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    When did Greene do his shoulder? It must have happened during his first game back?
    It was his 2nd or 3rd game back and it was at WO Landed awkwardly after a spoil or mark attempt. I saw it and thought it was his shoulder. X fingers he can play 1 or 2 seniors games before end of season. Has had bad run with injuries, poor bloke. Really like him as he is a real competitor - just needs a bit of luck.
    Josie :)

Our day will come
    And we'll have everything.
    We'll share the joy
    Just like '54 again.

15. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    You haven't been reading the thread Aza

17. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    You haven't been reading the thread Aza
    Clearly not as closely as I should’ve! I went back a couple of pages but couldn’t see where the club referenced it.
    More of an In Bruges guy?