Thanks Thanks:  80
Likes Likes:  63
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List - 2019

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Look out for the long list of players listed this week due to 'Torn Heart Muscle'.
    And SOFT tissue injuries

Post Thanks / Like

Wallis and Crozier forced outs for West Coast so two changes at least.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Player Injury Duration

Mitch Wallis ankle TBC
    Ben Cavarra hamstring 1 weeks
    Hayden Crozier toe 2-3 weeks
    Taylor Duryea hip 2-3 weeks
    Dale Morris knee 2-3 weeks
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Thanks I'm Not Bitter Anymore!, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Player Injury Duration

Mitch Wallis ankle TBC
    Ben Cavarra hamstring 1 weeks
    Hayden Crozier toe 2-3 weeks
    Taylor Duryea hip 2-3 weeks
    Looking forward to seeing Ben Cavarra stringing some games together in the VFL. Poor guy has had a terrible run at it so far. Is the type of player we are looking for in our team when fit and in form.

Post Thanks / Like

Poor bloke can't take a trick...

Webb sidelined with leg injury

Western Bulldogs midfielder Lukas Webb is set for a stint on the sidelines after hurting his lower leg at training today.

The 23-year-old suffered a syndesmosis injury and a fracture to his fibula bone, which will require surgery.

His return-to-play timeline will become clearer in the coming weeks.

Webb has played all seven games and has been one of the most consistent performers for Footscray in the VFL so far this season, after making a successful comeback from a neck injury.

7. Thanks bornadog, BornInDroopSt'54, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Surgery on a fibula. A plate? Back in 4 weeks?

Post Thanks / Like

Schache Concussion, will be monitored to see if ok to play this week. Webb out for 6 to 8 with ankle and Fergus Greene had a dislocated shoulder and is being assessed.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Player Injury Duration
    Mitch Wallis ankle TBC
    Fergus Greene shoulder TBC
    Ben Cavarra hamstring available
    Josh Schache concussion test
    Hayden Crozier toe test
    Taylor Duryea hip test
    Dale Morris knee test
    Lukas Webb ankle 6-8 weeks
    * Injury list updated on Tuesday 4 June, 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Hope to see Greene and Cavarra playing well in the VFL asap to press for selection. Both (on paper) have what our side needs.

12. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Injury Update

Defensive duo Hayden Crozier and Taylor Duryea could be available for Saturday night’s important clash against Carlton, however forward Billy Gowers has been ruled out through injury.

Crozier (toe) and Duryea (hip) both completed a full session today, as the Bulldogs returned from their bye break.

Duryea last played in round four against Collingwood, while Crozier missed the match against West Coast.

The news wasn’t as good for Gowers, who sits third on the Bulldogs’ goal-kicking list in 2019, after injuring his ankle during the session.

“Both Hayden and Taylor are in the final stages of their stints in rehab,” Bulldogs’ medical services manager Chris Bell said.

“Both fully trained today and had a really good spring in their step. We’ll look to tick the final boxes with both players this Thursday, ahead of determining their return to play, which we expect will be this weekend.

“Unfortunately (Billy’s) damaged one of the ligaments in his ankle… we’re going to work with Billy over the next couple of days to determine his return to play plan.”

Veteran defender Dale Morris is also closing in on a return from his ACL injury, and is set to play over the next couple of weeks.

“Dale continues to impress on the training track,” Bell said.

“He’s in the final stages of his rehab program, and he’s currently doing high-end agility and high football-type drills.

“We need to make sure that the ACL, that we’ve managed without surgery, can sustain the demands of the game. Dale still needs to tick some boxes to prove his readiness to play, but we remain optimistic that this will happen in the next couple of weeks.”

Tall forward Josh Schache (concussion) and first-year Bulldog Ben Cavarra (hamstring) will be available to play this weekend.

Player Injury Duration
    Ben Cavarra hamstring available
    Josh Schache concussion available
    Hayden Crozier toe test
    Taylor Duryea hip test
    Mitch Wallis ankle TBC
    Billy Gowers ankle TBC
    Fergus Greene shoulder 3-4 weeks
    Lukas Webb ankle 5-7 weeks

* Injury list updated on Tuesday 11 June, 2019

14. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is becoming an epidemic across the league. Best wishes Jongy.

Lin Jong to take mental health break

Western Bulldogs utility Lin Jong will take a short break from playing football while he manages his mental health.

Lin will remain in the Bulldogs’ training program, without playing competitively during the next undetermined period of time.

“I felt it was important to be honest about how I have been feeling recently, and the Club has been an amazing support for me, along with my family and friends,” Jong said.

“The Club allowed me to spend a bit of time away from training, but I wanted to be around my team-mates and the football staff, so we decided I would continue to be part of the program without playing games for the time being.

“The environment at the Bulldogs allows players to be themselves and communicate openly, so I felt comfortable about speaking up.”

Jong has endured a torrid run with injuries over the last few seasons, which has robbed him of on-field continuity, including two broken collarbones, a fractured jaw and an ACL injury. This year alone he has dealt with a torn hamstring and a ruptured appendix.

“We applaud Lin for feeling brave and comfortable enough to speak up about managing his mental health. We have created a culture at the Bulldogs which encourages our players to confront any issues they might be dealing with, instead of suffering in silence,” said Bulldogs Director of Football, Chris Grant.

“Our duty is to ensure the health of our players is our priority, and Lin will be given the time and care he needs to work through this period. We are pleased that he wants to remain in our program and continue training.”

“Clearly, improving the impact of mental health amongst players is a responsibility the whole football industry shares. It’s encouraging to see players from many clubs having the courage to publicly address the issue so we can all continue to best support our players.”

Post Thanks / Like

What's going on at the club?

First Boyd with a spell with clinical depression in 2017. Then Cloke with a spell with depression in 2017 (then forced to quit). Then Boyd struggles along in 2018 and then quits footy citing physical issues and depression in 2019. Now Jong having a mental health break 2019.

I'm a more than a bit worried by this news.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    What's going on at the club?

First Boyd with a spell with clinical depression in 2017. Then Cloke with a spell with depression in 2017 (then forced to quit). Then Boyd struggles along in 2018 and then quits footy citing physical issues and depression in 2019. Now Jong having a mental health break 2019.

I'm a more than a bit worried by this news.
    It’s a league wide issue, hardly unique to our club. Broadbent from Port was announced as taking a break today. Jack Steven is still sitting out and I’m sure there are many more that play through their issues.

18. Likes bornadog, Bulldog4life, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tell you what if we lose to Carlton again I'll be sitting out the rest of the season for the sake of my mental health.

It's an extremely high pressure environment with ceaseless internal and external scrutiny. Not everyone is bulletproof.

Go well Jongy.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Injury update: Tom Liberatore
    Jun 16, 2019 3:00PM

Tom Liberatore has been cleared of any ACL or ligament injury suffered in the side's win over Carlton. - Western Bulldogs
    Tom Liberatore has been cleared of any ACL or ligament injury suffered in the side's win over Carlton.
    Western Bulldogs midfielder Tom Liberatore will undergo arthroscopic surgery for a knee injury sustained in Saturday night’s win against Carlton.

Scans have confirmed a cartilage injury to his right knee, and cleared him of any ACL or ligament injury.

Liberatore’s return to play plan and timeframe will be confirmed post-surgery

21. Thanks bornadog, I'm Not Bitter Anymore!, hujsh thanked for this post
    Likes 1eyedog liked this post