Thanks Thanks:  80
Likes Likes:  63
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Injury List - 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    JJ setback? Originally announced as round 2 or 3, now he's 2-4 weeks away.
    2-4 still gets him back round 3 if all goes well.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Johannisen set to return

Jason Johannisen is in the frame to return from injury on Sunday against the Gold Coast Suns.

The influential defender has completed his rehabilitation program, and has returned to full training.

“JJ has ticked the final boxes in the return following his syndesmosis injury,” medical services manager Chris Bell said.

“He’s back into full training and completed a really good game-like session on the weekend.

“I’ll work with match committee this week to determine his availability for the weekend, and we’ll make a decision if it’s this week or the following.”

In more positive news, Tom Boyd (back) and Lin Jong (hamstring) are also on track to return to play over the coming fortnight.

However, a number of Bulldogs suffered setbacks in a VFL practice match over the weekend.

Ben Cavarra, coming back from a quad injury, copped a heavy hit which left him with a broken rib and internal bruising and bleeding. His return to play time frame is still to be determined.

Draftee Laitham Vandermeer (hamstring) is expected to miss up to five weeks after sustaining a hamstring injury in the same game.

Ruckman Jackson Trengove sustained an ankle injury, but is a test to be available for selection this weekend.

Player Injury Duration
    Jackson Trengove ankle test
    Lukas Webb neck test
    Jason Johannisen ankle test
    Lin Jong hamstring 2-3 weeks
    Tom Boyd back 2-3 weeks
    Buku Khamis knee 3-4 weeks
    Laitham Vandermeer hamstring 3-4 weeks
    Ben Cavarra ribs TBC
    Dale Morris knee indefinite
    * Injury list updated on Tuesday 4 April, 2019
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Thanks bulldogtragic, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Vandermeer first game back from a hammy does another. Never looks good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Vandermeer first game back from a hammy does another. Never looks good.
    I read it was just tightness and they would just rest him this week and maybe come back the week after.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

What a great name

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet the only fit ruckman on our list after English. We're going to get to see what his tank is like at VFL levcel when he rucks most fo the day. I suspect we may not risk Trengove.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet the only fit ruckman on our list after English. We're going to get to see what his tank is like at VFL levcel when he rucks most fo the day. I suspect we may not risk Trengove.
    Bevo mentioned he has gastro in this mornings presser so definitely not playing this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Not looking too bad the injury list.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Will see what he does in the opening VFL game tomorrow night. No Roughy and Campbell now.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eastdog View Post
    not looking too bad the injury list.
    STOP IT YOU'LL JINX it
    BORDERLINE FLYING

12. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Not looking too bad the injury list.
    TBoyd fit, healthy and firing would seem the big hole on the current injury list.

Curiously though I’m grappling to see how we would make room for him with our current crop healthy.

I love the idea of us continuing to put games into English, and as it stands the Schache / Naughton combo up forward looks our best option. To retain speed and endurance around the ground I’m not sure we could go with another tall in Tom’s mould.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    TBoyd fit, healthy and firing would seem the big hole on the current injury list.

Curiously though I’m grappling to see how we would make room for him with our current crop healthy.

I love the idea of us continuing to put games into English, and as it stands the Schache / Naughton combo up forward looks our best option. To retain speed and endurance around the ground I’m not sure we could go with another tall in Tom’s mould.
    Naughton goes back, Boyd goes forward with Schache, and all three can help English in the ruck, horses for courses, depends who your playing and how the games panning out but it’s I think we could fit him in.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Naughton goes back, Boyd goes forward with Schache, and all three can help English in the ruck, horses for courses, depends who your playing and how the games panning out but it’s I think we could fit him in.
    I do prefer what Naughton offers as as a key forward. He’s more mobile, a beautiful and natural contested mark, and a composed kick at goal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    I do prefer what Naughton offers as as a key forward. He’s more mobile, a beautiful and natural contested mark, and a composed kick at goal.
    Funny how we have come around to Bevo's thinking. Bevo has no intention on putting Naughton to the backline and said as much today in his presser. He was pleased with Young's efforts last week and sees him as the tall in the backline.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Funny how we have come around to Bevo's thinking. Bevo has no intention on putting Naughton to the backline and said as much today in his presser. He was pleased with Young's efforts last week and sees him as the tall in the backline.
    Not a criticism of Bevo but the structure down back last week was quite different to what was selected in week 1 where the main question being raised was a concern with our selected defense being undersized against a tall Sydney forward line.

Whether it was our MCs astuteness or fortune that Sydney’s mids we’re dominated by our midfield, restricting clean delivery into the Sydney forward line I don’t know.

The balance down back now with Cordy, L Young and Wood playing as our talls brings a better balance, albeit Young / Roberts / Trengove could be interchangeable based on form, availability and / or matchups.