Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  14
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Footy arrogance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Footy arrogance

James Hird is the most arrogant bloke I ever came across, his attitude to his own supporters was a disgrace.
    I saw him completely ignore his own fans who were applauding him and blowing so far up his arse.
    Couldn’t even give a smile or a wave.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    To me I guess arrogance isn't offensive if someone can back it up with results.

The most apparently arrogant sportsman I have ever seen on any sports field was West Indian Viv Richards. His whole body language thing made even his opponents question whether they had earned the right to be on the same field as him. Most times he had won the battle before it had even started.

However if you talk to old players there has never been a nicer bloke, off the field.
    I met Viv a few times the bloke is just an out and out legend I was around 14 at the time , he signed my bat and is the coolest guy in the world , if I was to have a man crush it’s him, the ultimate in how he carries himself on and off the field , true gentleman.
    And I would also say every cricketer would love to be him or would have copied him in some way growing up in the 70s.
    If anyone can be Arrogant and loved it’s him.
    I would class him as the Muhammad Ali of cricket.
    Bring back the biff

3. Likes craigsahibee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have to agree with Ledge on Hird, have experienced his arrogance first hand twice and he is an absolute tosser.
    Gary Ayers also possesses a huge arrogance gene, I had to laugh a few years back when we sacked Macca and he was talked about interviewing to coaching us.
    He mentioned how good he was and we would come running to him.
    Thank #*}+ we put on Bevo.