Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  62

View Poll Results: What does WOOF mean to me?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • I’m just waiting for the footy season to start and my contributions will increase

34 45.95%
  • I’m unlikely to contribute much to conversations

5 6.76%
  • I don’t have the passion to join in football discussions

0 0%
  • I just don’t have the time any more

5 6.76%
  • Twitter and Facebook suit me better

1 1.35%
  • I’d prefer to just read the thoughts and opinions of others

7 9.46%
  • Please don’t close the site, I’ll sorely miss my WOOF fix

57 77.03%
  • I’ll be coming out of my summer slumber and will be right back into it soon

17 22.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

What does WOOF mean to you survey

As you would all be aware, contributions to discussions has been dwindling for a while now and I’m just trying to gauge our WOOF community to see if it’s worth maintaining the site going forward.
    In the poll I’ve listed a number of options which will hopefully give me an idea about the likely participation to discussions going forward will look like and I’d appreciate it if you can be as honest as you can with your responses
    A non-response would indicate that you don’t plan on contributing to discussions going forward. The poll will allow multiple selections but please no more than two.

And finally if you prefer, please contact me via the private message option with any suggestions, comments or thoughts.

Just so you know I have number in mind (of WOOF members) that would make it viable and obviously if we have enough people interested and willing to participate then I’m more than happy to keep the site running.
    If we fall short of that number it becomes difficult to justify the time and effort to keep the site running.

A lot of us, so many in fact, have been here from the early days so I know the site means a lot to many people but it’s not as vibrant as it should be so that’s why I’m canvassing the WOOF community now

Regards
    Gary
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What does WOOF mean to you survey

I definitely don’t contribute as much as I would like and I will make an effort to get more involved. I view this site daily as I love to read and discuss everything bulldogs. You all do an amazing job on here please keep it going

3. Likes Max469, westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You do a great job Gary and I don't contribute as I should. I am here every day and would miss if not here.
    I bleed Red,White & Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Guessing folks are waiting on some footy action before posting. During footy season and during trade season I would feel kind of like I had lost a limb (ok an exaggeration- as if I had lost my car keys) without woof.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve struggled to post as much after my move to Vietnam and due to work prior to that.....

It’s a great site, a good positive start to the season will hopefully have it humming again.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I will contribute a bit more once footy season starts.
    I'm here on a daily basis I would check before work sometimes if time permits and I always check in after work and weekends.
    Being up north this site is a life line to the Bulldogs because you read Bulldogs in the news up here there's Canterbury left of the title.
    I would miss the VFL reports and AFLW reports so I would be force back to Big Footy a site I haven't been to since I stubble onto this one in 2009.
    It will be a sad sad day if this site closes. I'll be left with trolling google news and low quality reporting with no depth or knowledge.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

8. Likes S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the only website I check every day.

I only contribute when I think I have something to contribute that hasn't already been sent (unless I just need to vent).

I know within my family there are multiple people both members of this forum and not who enjoy its content and the discussion it provokes.

This is easily the best source of information on the Bulldogs for anything ranging from official articles to obscure opinions about rookie list prospects.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

10. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think people see the site as primarily for discussing the Bulldogs and footy and therefore it dies down a bit in the off -season. When the footy season starts again, hopefully it will ramp up once more.

I don't bother with any other footy site and can't stand discussions on facebook. Twitter to me is more of a news feed from Media and the club and a few others.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I post a bit but like others I'll be more active when there is more happening during the season
    Probably get a better idea of activity a few weeks in
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

i really appreciate the site and check in as regularly as I can.

Unfortunately, my ability to contribute has been impacted over the past 3 or 4 years due to other facets of my life.

This also means I get to less footy than previously and makes me more reliant on the contributions of others.

I will continue to do what I can to maintain a worthwhile contribution.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Like others I'm time poor and (I have now made it my New Years resolution) to make more effort to add to some of these threads. I truely understand and appreciate the efforts and time that running and maintaining these type of site require.

Your passion, thoughts, knowledge and insights are highly rated and don't go unrecognised. A huge thank you to you, the other mods and everyone who make it a must go to to have a read and enjoy the banter, discussion, highs and lows of our beloved club and players.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

I won't try to justify my decline in output, as I'm sure many have similar competing demands on our time.
    Whilst I check the site out daily during the off-season, regular contributiins would come at the expense of attending to other priorities.
    During the season, I'll be a consistent contributor again, in and around the actual games.
    I love the site, but completely understand that it needs to be vibrant enough a place to justify the effort required to keep it going.

Post Thanks / Like

To me, this site is the best source of INFORMED news, opinion, discussion and debate about the dogs. I’m on here most days in the off-season but find my interest in footy in general w little lower at this time of year.

When the season was on it’s the best source of inside info and club news and getting amongst the conversation is great!

Plus it’s just nice to be somewhere that everyone loves the dogs as much as I do.

17. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I check the site every day (sometimes even before my emails at work) and would be lost on where to get my Bulldogs fix without it.

I used to post a lot but kind of felt I wasn't actually contributing anything and eased off (I was also a teenager and matured/grew up). I'll generally make my point or weigh in if there's a debate I have an opinion on or feel like challenging someone's position.

19. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

WOOF is great. Enjoy reading all your contributions and do post now where I think I am able to on a thread.

I occasionally start some interesting threads for discussion and have a big involvement in setting up the set threads during the season.

Will probably increase my posting rate once the season really starts getting underway.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

21. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post