Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  62

View Poll Results: What does WOOF mean to me?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • I’m just waiting for the footy season to start and my contributions will increase

34 45.95%
  • I’m unlikely to contribute much to conversations

5 6.76%
  • I don’t have the passion to join in football discussions

0 0%
  • I just don’t have the time any more

5 6.76%
  • Twitter and Facebook suit me better

1 1.35%
  • I’d prefer to just read the thoughts and opinions of others

7 9.46%
  • Please don’t close the site, I’ll sorely miss my WOOF fix

57 77.03%
  • I’ll be coming out of my summer slumber and will be right back into it soon

17 22.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What does WOOF mean to you survey

WOOF has enriched my Bulldog experience exponentially. I have been a lone wolf supporter all my life but finding WOOF gives me involvemnt in the Bulldogs community. I tend not to project my opinions about coaching, team tactics much I am more of a footy follower but try to contribute my loyalty and support.

2. Likes Twodogs, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I thoroughly enjoy being part of the Woof community, whilst living interstate it was my "go to" for all Bulldogs and AFL news.
    Living back in Vic and with Footy off seasons being my peak work seasons, I don't get on or contribute as much as I would like/should.
    Gaz, you and the Mods do a great job and Woof would be sorely missed if closed down.
    I promise to do my best and lift my game.
    To add , being part of the Woof family when we won the Flag really enriched and enhanced what was already a fantastic time.

4. Likes josie, Eastdog, Murphy'sLore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Reckon I've checked WOOF at least once every work day for 11 years.
    It's connected me more to the club - especially in the Rocket years - and having a group outside of my family (I'm not friends with a single Dogs fan) to share our recent success with has been *grand*
    I'll commit to contributing more and lurking less
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

6. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ll add as well while I’m in Victoria myself Metro Melbourne specifically this forum is great in particular for our interstate supporters and overseas supporters like Fredi and FarAwayDog who wouldn’t get much AFL and Bulldog news from where they are.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

The demise of WOOF would dramatically increase my productivity at work and we simply can't have that! Please do not force me back to Big Footy where I can't stand at least 50% of the dogs posters, never mind the other clubs supporters.

I have no idea what's involved in running this site but is there any benefit in getting more people involved to spread the load? I'm sure there would be a few on here that would be willing to help.

9. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    The demise of WOOF would dramatically increase my productivity at work and we simply can't have that! Please do not force me back to Big Footy where I can't stand at least 50% of the dogs posters, never mind the other clubs supporters.

I have no idea what's involved in running this site but is there any benefit in getting more people involved to spread the load? I'm sure there would be a few on here that would be willing to help.
    I'll be in touch
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also another who would really miss WOOF if it didn't exist. It has been a fantastic resource over the years to have an intelligent and informed discussion about all things Western Bulldogs. It has helped me ride out the pain (e.g. Prelim losses, Rhode era, McCartney fall out) and feel the raw joy and passion of that on unbelievable month in 2016.

12. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You get better news, insight and analysis here than anywhere else.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

14. Likes Raw Toast, Eastdog, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem with Facebook, Big Footy and other social media's is the trolls. WOOF has all the info they have (most times before they have) and the trolls are kept in check. I LOVE WOOF !!!!

I have been a member of WOOF for over ten years; WOOF is the only source of information I truly trust. WOOF keeps us ex-pats connected with our club. WOOF is the reason I have so many Bulldog mates from all over the continent. WOOF is the reason I got to see my team win a Grand Final live.

I would not survive without WOOF.

I understand the reason for this thread. Like others, my contributions have waned with work and family commitments ... Like others, I will endeavour to contribute more.

Thanks Gary
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

This site links me with my tribe and I would be bereft without it. I'm not one for a lot of input , but I love reading members' views and insights. Particularly now that I live in regional Vic and don't get to many games anymore, opening this forum is part of my daily ritual. Even at this time of year with not much material to work with, there is almost always something of interest to ponder. Your efforts in keeping this forum going are deeply appreciated.
    Is there anyway the club itself could consider providing some support and insider access, as I'm sure the members here are among the most committed/ hardcore long term supporters of the club. You would think the club would love to get closer with supporter groups. My internet here is appalling and the club's site is not so useful, as it's very graphics heavy and video based. I struggle to open the videos most nights. Never have a problem reading the contributions here though, and they are more thoughtful, insightful and useful than the many puff pieces on the club's site.
    If its partly a financial matter, I'm happy to chip in for an annual fee/contribution to maintain the site.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to be a moderator on Bigfooty so I started posting on WOOF because it meant I could just let my hair down and be myself. I still do post here because it's just a much more chill alternative where you're not wading through slapfights or bad faith posting just to get to the meat.

18. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is great during the trade and draft time getting some big posts from Mofra, BT and The Doctor to name a few about the talent out there.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I think that one big problem with this site is that the women's football and the VFL are on separate pages. To increase the content and viewing pleasure please get rid of the separate pages and combine them into this one. This is my opinion and I know others may have a different opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James Cumming View Post
    I think that one big problem with this site is that the women's football and the VFL are on separate pages. To increase the content and viewing pleasure please get rid of the separate pages and combine them into this one. This is my opinion and I know others may have a different opinion.
    I know it's been a bugbear of yours but it's nowhere near a big problem
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James Cumming View Post
    I like them separate. When I come on the forum I click new posts so all the information is right in front of me anyway. The Women's comp will only get bigger and I wouldn't be surprised or hope that they are curtain raisers for every game played in the season including the finals series.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...