Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  62

View Poll Results: What does WOOF mean to me?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • I’m just waiting for the footy season to start and my contributions will increase

34 45.95%
  • I’m unlikely to contribute much to conversations

5 6.76%
  • I don’t have the passion to join in football discussions

0 0%
  • I just don’t have the time any more

5 6.76%
  • Twitter and Facebook suit me better

1 1.35%
  • I’d prefer to just read the thoughts and opinions of others

7 9.46%
  • Please don’t close the site, I’ll sorely miss my WOOF fix

57 77.03%
  • I’ll be coming out of my summer slumber and will be right back into it soon

17 22.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What does WOOF mean to you survey

Quote Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
    I have been a WOOF member for 8 or so years. I have never been a prolific poster and do admit to being just a lurker recently. I have been through some personal issues over the last 12 months and I suppose with the team not doing so well the passion has waned a touch.
    I, like many on here log in every day to get the latest info on our club.
    I am planning on being far more active this year and can't wait for the season to start.

Onwards and Upwards.
    Like EasternWest said hope everything is alright now Doggy.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

2. Thanks Doggy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks EasternWest and Eastdog.
    It's been a tough 12 months, my dad was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and its been hard for him and hard for the family to come to terms with.
    I'm sure we'll all get through it just like many other families have had to do.
    It's such a shit disease.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
    Thanks EasternWest and Eastdog.
    It's been a tough 12 months, my dad was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and its been hard for him and hard for the family to come to terms with.
    I'm sure we'll all get through it just like many other families have had to do.
    It's such a shit disease.
    So sorry to hear that mate. Stay strong for your Dad and the family.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

5. Thanks Doggy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd be incredibly sad if this site were to shut up shop. I haven't been a terribly prolific poster, but being on maternity leave with pup #2 has meant that I'm looking at a proper computer very infrequently and mindless scrolling through facebook with phone in hand a hell of a lot more (particularly at 2am...!).

Is there a way to optimize the presentation of Woof to look at on a phone rather than a computer/ipad?
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

I too would be lost without this wonderful site..check it daily to get my fix

I Am probably guilty of reading more than contributing but promise to amend my ways!

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how difficult it would be to create a WOOF app for the iPhone. Would be another great way to access the site. Bigfooty has an app.

Post Thanks / Like

How long have numbers dropped off for? It is the off-season, after all. I for one, am not interested in the least in AFLX, AFLW, preseason reports (everyone is flying!), draft prospects, state leagues. I know many are, and good luck to them, but not me.One post earlier alluded to feeling unsure about posting as there are many knowledgeable posters. I know I’ll look at posts and just skip them if/when I feel that way.

If possible, see what things are like early in season. It’s a footy site primarily.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

10. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Woof is the only reason I keep in touch with the footy. I greatly appreciate the work done by GVGjr and the mods to keep it going and I hope it continues, but understand if it cannot.

Some of the pre-match tactical write-up threads circa 2008-2010 were top shelf - dirty media scribes could only wish they had 5% of the ability and insight to cover the game with as much detail and knowledge.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

12. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

WOOF is a site I check multiple times daily during footy season and fairly frequently in off season.

I really enjoy contributing to the post game review, Bankers & Anchors and Three Things I Learned threads. Love framing the game through those lenses and seeing who saw it differently.

If I am on social media in-game I'll use twitter. Contributions around women's footy there are a little stronger too.

Reddit, big footy, Facebook I check but tbh it's a minefield of dross and very few linear discussions to get much out of.

Post Thanks / Like

I totally love woof. It is my go to source of all footy related news.

I have absolutely zero interest in any other sport on earth (other than surfing) so I pretty much drop off over summer.

I will make a concerted effort to contribute more. I used to start the odd thread, but I'm usually on my phone rather than my computer and it's very very difficult to write stuff on woof on your phone. very frustrating and un-user friendly.

I've just recently got a laptop so I'll be able to contribute more.

I want to thank the moderators and everyone involved in keeping woof up and running.

Baby please don't go.

15. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just throwing this out there as some *may* feel similar.

Not crying about this at all, but I feel I can be a bit of a thread killer with my posts...as my post will either be the last on a thread with no further discussion or someone will quote an earlier post and continue the thread ignoring my post.

Anyone else relate?

I'm fine with it - just explains my lack of posting at times, despite checking the site close to daily.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

17. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post

Not crying about this at all, but I feel I can be a bit of a thread killer with my posts...as my post will either be the last on a thread with no further discussion or someone will quote an earlier post and continue the thread ignoring my post.

Anyone else relate?

I'm fine with it - just explains my lack of posting at times, despite checking the site close to daily.
    Great, you've killed the thread now
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

19. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Great, you've killed the thread now
    Only took 10 hours to get pointed out
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

21. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else relate?

Yep, I sometimes feel that way too.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else relate?

Has happened to me plenty of times.

I also don't see 'likes' or 'thanks' for my posts as I generally browse and post using the mobile version of the site, which is greatly trimmed down.

24. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Likes Scraggers, Doggy liked this post