Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leadership - Our competitive advantage?

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    All are quality leaders no doubt but I do have concerns that of the leadership group only Bonts and Hunter are consistently playing Seniors.
    Wally did this season but I not sure he will be playing each week, would have loved to have seen another guaranteed Senior in the group such as Macrae, or Dunks.
    When did Wood, Johannisen and Trengove not play seniors when fit?
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW I've read a few references to the leadership of Dureya.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I've been fortunate enough to meet some players and occasionally get to talk to them. Based on that I think Wallis and Trengove are significant upgrades to last years group. Highly regarded by their peers, hard workers and good role models willing to challenge others in a positive manner. I genuinely believe we have a strong leadership group.
    Agree with this completely. For me Wally would be our captain now if he didnt break his leg in 2016 and continued to develop and hold his form that year. He is a natural and easy leader who produces the perfect blend of on-field and behind the scenes inspiration.

As much as I'd love to see Bont be a Selwood mould - young captain, win tonnes of GF's and play with only one club - if he isnt ready at the end of this year, and Wally has a great season - he is the natural fill in for a year or two. Wood is a strong leader but his form has dropped since our other backline leadership - Murph, Boyd, Morris (when injured) has been absent. For me he needs to focus 100% on his footy.
    The dam wall has busted!

4. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We certainly have good leaders. Maybe a tad optimistic but I'm calling us top eight smokies this season barring injuries. I'm feeling Bulldogish, especially if we get picko back. I wish in a way he would retire but having chatted to Billy last year, get the feeling no way it's going to happen unless forced on him. It's not that the Pickens have any clue who I am by the way haha.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus