Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  23
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: THE SIX TEAMS TERRY WALLACE "DOESN'T RATE" IN 2019 - we are one of them

No point keeping them on the list if you're never going to play them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    No point keeping them on the list if you're never going to play them.
    100%. I get the bit about insurance policies - but Campbell was like a car insurance policy that you wouldn't use even if your car got smashed into and written off...you would just say, 'Oh well, I've got another smaller car over here...it might not be perfect but it's good enough for the job I need to do'...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

3. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    The problem is Campbell was like having insurance but when you get hit by a car and go to the hospital you can't be bothered to fill in the forms to make a claim. I'd have loved a mature ruck from the state leagues, maybe Sweet is closer to the mark than we realise and can fill that hole but that's a big if.
    I have no problem moving on Campbell or Roughead but we should have replaced one or both them during the trade period.
    For many of us here it's not acceptable to use the likes of Bontempelli or Dunkley in ruck contests so I'd rather have a player or two with the bigger bodies who are trained specifically for that.

If the MC or Bevo think going in with the smaller line-up will work then great but if it doesn't then they need to be accountable for not covering it better.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I'd prefer Sweet on our rookie list than Campbell on our main list. Sorry BTC, I like the guy but he just wasn't in our plans.
    We needed an upgrade to Campbell or Roughead though or at least someone capable of playing in a few positions. We've taken a risk that I think exposes the one area that I think we are as strong as any other club and that is that our big bodied mids might have to contest against genuine ruckman.

From the little I've seen of Sweet so far I'm not sure he can offer much for us in the short term
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    100%. I get the bit about insurance policies - but Campbell was like a car insurance policy that you wouldn't use even if your car got smashed into and written off...you would just say, 'Oh well, I've got another smaller car over here...it might not be perfect but it's good enough for the job I need to do'...
    Like this analogy.
    I feel sorry for Campbell. Clearly remember his first debut at Ballarat and he had a monster of a game. Made a losing day at a stupidly crowded venue otherwise good.
    I thought he was better than the opportunities he was given.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus