Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

"hopefully i’ll be here for life": Hunter

Out-of-contract midfielder Lachie Hunter has confirmed his intentions to remain at the Bulldogs for life.
    Hunter is yet to sign a new contract but is aiming to do so in the near future.

“I haven’t signed yet but I’m hopefully not too far away,” he told SEN’s Whateley.

“They’re just working out the last little bit of it so hopefully it’s not too far away and I’m looking forward to signing for a while.

“Hopefully I’ll be here for life.”

Hunter says winning the Best and Fairest has ignited a new sense of belonging at the club.
    :11
    “You’re really happy with how you’re viewed at the club in a certain sense,” he said.

“There’s just a lot of confidence going forward that I can really back in that wing role and really hone in my skills now for hopefully the next little while at the Western Bulldogs.”

The Western Bulldogs kick off their 2019 campaign against the Swans on March 23.

Link

Listen to the interview here
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes WBFC4FFC, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: "hopefully i’ll be here for life": Hunter

Good news.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't think it would be a difficult signature to get. If he can improve his kicking a bit he would be ready for another big season.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I didn't think it would be a difficult signature to get. If he can improve his kicking a bit he would be ready for another big season.
    I’ve always struggled to see where Hunters value sits in terms of dollars. Should he be in the top 3 players paid at the club? Top 5? Top 10?

For me I think it’s around the 5-8 mark.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I’ve always struggled to see where Hunters value sits in terms of dollars. Should he be in the top 3 players paid at the club? Top 5? Top 10?

Same here, he's a hard one to gauge. I'd say closer to 8 but I'm likely to be very wrong
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

Hunter is improving all the time and I would say he is one of our top 5 players and should be paid accordingly.

I am expecting him to step up even more this year.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Hunter is improving all the time and I would say he is one of our top 5 players and should be paid accordingly.

I am expecting him to step up even more this year.
    I liken him to a Lachie Neale type, has a naturally high VO2 max and uses it to run to receive constantly.
    Neale was 1st, 2nd then 1st in Freo's last three B&F finishes but was still shadowed by Fyfe and arguably Hill's flashiness as well.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

You posted a very similar article back in November BAD. I wonder what the hold up is?

Western Bulldogs best and fairest Lachie Hunter eyeing new five year deal

Post Thanks / Like

See - I would have thought the contract he signs now would place him in the top 3 highest paid players at the club. Then as the signatures of players like Naughton are collected over the next 18-24 months he would fall down to somewhere in the top 10.

As a midfielder, he is behind only Macrae and Bont at the club now. So top 3 player is a push (given he is 3rd among mids) but he is a better player than I ever thought he would become when he first broke into the side. Has obviously worked incredibly hard on his game.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

11. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    See - I would have thought the contract he signs now would place him in the top 3 highest paid players at the club. Then as the signatures of players like Naughton are collected over the next 18-24 months he would fall down to somewhere in the top 10.

As a midfielder, he is behind only Macrae and Bont at the club now. So top 3 player is a push (given he is 3rd among mids) but he is a better player than I ever thought he would become when he first broke into the side. Has obviously worked incredibly hard on his game.
    The article from November suggested $600k a season which would put him well behind Boyd and Bont and somewhere around the mark of JJ and Macrae (but that's just a guess). Can't think of anyone else who would be earning above $600k? So he is likely in that 3-5 range.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    The article from November suggested $600k a season which would put him well behind Boyd and Bont and somewhere around the mark of JJ and Macrae (but that's just a guess). Can't think of anyone else who would be earning above $600k? So he is likely in that 3-5 range.
    Wood?
    I believe he signed a contract in 15 or 16, so either just after his AA year or just after he was the premiership captain. Some suggested up to $700k, he's on big dollars (part of that may be part of the club's allocated marketing allowance as well).
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Wood?
    I believe he signed a contract in 15 or 16, so either just after his AA year or just after he was the premiership captain. Some suggested up to $700k, he's on big dollars (part of that may be part of the club's allocated marketing allowance as well).
    Signed a 2 year extension in 2017 for 2019 & 2020. He's a hard one to value but certainly would have got decent coin coming off captaining a premiership and being compensated for avoiding free agency.

Post Thanks / Like

Gggggggdggdddgddddddddddddgdgdddggdgdddddddddgdggddgdgggdddd ddddddddddggddgdddd
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Out-of-contract midfielder Lachie Hunter has confirmed his intentions to remain at the Bulldogs for life.
    Hunter is yet to sign a new contract but is aiming to do so in the near future.

“I haven’t signed yet but I’m hopefully not too far away,” he told SEN’s Whateley.

“They’re just working out the last little bit of it so hopefully it’s not too far away and I’m looking forward to signing for a while.

“Hopefully I’ll be here for life.”

Hunter says winning the Best and Fairest has ignited a new sense of belonging at the club.
    :11
    “You’re really happy with how you’re viewed at the club in a certain sense,” he said.

“There’s just a lot of confidence going forward that I can really back in that wing role and really hone in my skills now for hopefully the next little while at the Western Bulldogs.”

The Western Bulldogs kick off their 2019 campaign against the Swans on March 23.

Link

Listen to the interview here
    Is it just me or are there a few too many "hopefullys" in there?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite