Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 - Your Top 8

One team which will not figure in top 8 predictions is the Saints.

I received this email today from a Sainter mate who I had informed of Jack Steven's mental health issues:

The fact that Jack Steven (our B & F) wouldn't get a game in most other lists says it all.

We will sack/change coach around Rd 16.

This was my reply:

I think you are right about sacking your coach, but it will come earlier. Ratten will take over, and will be better.

Re Steven, you are also right.

Take the Dogs. Does he get a spot ahead of Libba, Dunkley, Mcrae, The Bont, McLean or Hunter? No.

But we are now batting deep in the midfield, so he wouldn’t get a gig in our VFL side either.

Given his haircut and playing style, you might think he would get a gig with our women’s AFLW premiership team, but there too the midfield is deep, hard and skilful and so he would miss out there too.

No wonder he is depressed.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    One team which will not figure in top 8 predictions is the Saints.

I received this email today from a Sainter mate who I had informed of Jack Steven's mental health issues:

The fact that Jack Steven (our B & F) wouldn't get a game in most other lists says it all.

We will sack/change coach around Rd 16.

This was my reply:

I think you are right about sacking your coach, but it will come earlier. Ratten will take over, and will be better.

Re Steven, you are also right.

Take the Dogs. Does he get a spot ahead of Libba, Dunkley, Mcrae, The Bont, McLean or Hunter? No.

But we are now batting deep in the midfield, so he wouldn’t get a gig in our VFL side either.

Given his haircut and playing style, you might think he would get a gig with our women’s AFLW premiership team, but there too the midfield is deep, hard and skilful and so he would miss out there too.

No wonder he is depressed.
    DR I normally love your posts but this is BS (irrespective of whether it is supposed to be light hearted banter).

Jack Steven gets a spot in just about any side to grace the field - he's a gun. Right now he gets a game in our side ahead of Libba, Dunkley and McLean...…..and even if he didn't, there's plenty of players rotating through the middle who he would.

Possibly lay of the mental illness stuff too...….
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

3. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    DR I normally love your posts but this is BS (irrespective of whether it is supposed to be light hearted banter).

Jack Steven gets a spot in just about any side to grace the field - he's a gun. Right now he gets a game in our side ahead of Libba, Dunkley and McLean...…..and even if he didn't, there's plenty of players rotating through the middle who he would.

Possibly lay of the mental illness stuff too...….
    I agree - he runs the ball and has genuine pace, and really uses it in games. He wouldn't be our best mid like he is at St Kilda but he'd compliment our guys who can find the ball but don't have 'burst speed' perfectly.
    There were rumours he was sick of losing so would consider his options but St Kilda simply can't afford to lose him.
    He can spray them but I don't think anyone kicking the ball with his pace going full speed is that accurate.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I agree - he runs the ball and has genuine pace, and really uses it in games. He wouldn't be our best mid like he is at St Kilda but he'd compliment our guys who can find the ball but don't have 'burst speed' perfectly.
    There were rumours he was sick of losing so would consider his options but St Kilda simply can't afford to lose him.
    He can spray them but I don't think anyone kicking the ball with his pace going full speed is that accurate.
    Aker was pretty good at it, but you're right, it's a bloody hard task.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

That is great banter
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

7. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    That is great banter
    Cheers. Someone here gets it.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.