Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  11
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 2, Vs Hawthorn

I thought Bailey Smith was alright, was expecting him to run out of puff much sooner

We definitely had a few passengers though and players making poor errors - Lipinski and JJ could come in for any of Duryea, Suckling, Crozier, Williams, Smith, Gowers, Dickson or Richards
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    If there's nothing forced, I'd make no change.

Just caught up with the replay and Smith did some really nice things in that third quarter and seemed to spend a bit of time tagging Jones and Heeney. Think he showed enough to not be dumped straight out - would benefit from more time around the contest though.

If a change is forced, I'd be looking at Roberts or Young in. I think we still looked too small down back and having another 6'5er in Naughton back there really steadied us in the last.
    Hawks forward line isn’t land of the giants so we should be able to get through with our current defensive set up. I am concerned with going in with English against McEvoy and Ceglar especially on the bigger ground.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

We can definitely play Trengove as well next week. He can be assigned to One of McEvoy or Ceglar and just go where they go. Looks like Suckling will miss a couple of weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S Coast Simon View Post
    We can definitely play Trengove as well next week. He can be assigned to One of McEvoy or Ceglar and just go where they go. Looks like Suckling will miss a couple of weeks.
    Bevo all but said Trengove is a ruck only and we'll be sticking with one ruck for next week.
    It will be English again with Schache chop outs.

If JJ is right to go he's straight in for me, the whole point of throwing Smith in was to give us some pace. He was ok in the last quarter but looked lost leading up to that. Sucklings ankle will be assessed - we'll have either one or two changes at a guess with Lippi the next cab off the rank after JJ.

Round three will be interesting as we might be tempted to bring another tall in after round two.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Based on Bevo's press conference this morning there will be no changes unless Suckling doesn't get through the test on his ankle.

* LB: Matt (Suckling) has got to get through training today as we’re are playing on Sunday. We’re optimised he will be fine.

* LB: The boys that played for Footscray played pretty well, but I imagine we will go in unchanged - there may be in adjustment (if Matt Suckling is unavailable).

* LB: Today’s our main session & we’ll progress through some structural things. We got a look at what they did against Adelaide, they were outstanding in they way they defended.

* LB: I think it was valuable the experience for Bailey Smith. He was working hard, to his credit he persevered and got into the game in the third quarter. He will definitely play & will be better for the run.

* LB: It’ll good for him to get it out of the way early (Taylor Duryea playing vs old side), he was very good for us last week Doc. He’s got some strong friendships at the Hawks, was best clubman there last year.

* LB: We can (play Easton as a key defender) we haven’t played him as a key defender often. We’re more for defence that works together, we support each other & there’s a big reliance on pressure
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Thanks Insufficient Intent thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Greene, Young, Trengove and Lipinski added to an already potent extended bench.

Any of the four who miss out will be stiff.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a reason the extended bench is now an additional 4?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Is there a reason the extended bench is now an additional 4?
    Emergencies are now four.

10. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Greene, Young, Trengove and Lipinski added to an already potent extended bench.

Any of the four who miss out will be stiff.
    Will all be emergencies unless Suckling doesn't come up or another injury

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Will all be emergencies unless Suckling doesn't come up or another injury
    Is it concerning that Trengove doesn't command a spot when fit?

Post Thanks / Like

We have a lot of young talent we have to develop. We got Trengrove cheapish from memory so I don't mind him being a fill-in and a leader on the track. I am expecting Hawthorn to take a leaf out of Port's book and work Bont over. I hope we can be less insipid than Melbourne if this happens.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    We have a lot of young talent we have to develop. We got Trengrove cheapish from memory so I don't mind him being a fill-in and a leader on the track. I am expecting Hawthorn to take a leaf out of Port's book and work Bont over. I hope we can be less insipid than Melbourne if this happens.
    The problem for Hawthorn being that Bont THRIVES on that. Remember when North, led by Firrito, tried to rough him up after his comments about Lindsay Thomas. Bont made them look stupid and was close to BOG. And he was two years younger than he is now.

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently if we go in unchanged this week it will be the first time since a little game we played in October 2016.

16. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Apparently if we go in unchanged this week it will be the first time since a little game we played in October 2016.
    Ah, Macau Lightning vs Japan Goannas in Vietnam. Good times.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Final teams,

no change.

Hawks in Scully out Mirra