Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  67
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Bevo Under Pressure to Perform this Year?

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Was an interesting response - from memory he was referring to Naughton. I wondered what criticism he had in mind...has anyone in the media pushed that barrow?
    Adam White on RSN mentioned it during the week and even last week from memory.

Then I heard snippets from Matthew Lloyd and a couple of others.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Adam White on RSN mentioned it during the week and even last week from memory.

Then I heard snippets from Matthew Lloyd and a couple of others.
    It's interesting:-

Play a key defender in a key defensive post - tick, opposition and one of the games best key forwards kept goalless, also allowed Cordy to chop in the ruck where he did OK
    Play Dunks in the middle - tick, Dunks monstered them around the clearance and Bont had even more swagger with his mate in there

Trengove won't always get a match up like that which suits him, but hopefully we continue to see a side each week with either Trengove or Lewy down back, subject to the speed and agility of the opposition player.

3. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    It's interesting:-

Play a key defender in a key defensive post - tick, opposition and one of the games best key forwards kept goalless, also allowed Cordy to chop in the ruck where he did OK
    Play Dunks in the middle - tick, Dunks monstered them around the clearance and Bont had even more swagger with his mate in there

Trengove won't always get a match up like that which suits him, but hopefully we continue to see a side each week with either Trengove or Lewy down back, subject to the speed and agility of the opposition player.
    Trengove also did well against the Freo Talls, they didn't score at all.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Trengove also did well against the Freo Talls, they didn't score at all.
    Agree, hes been good since coming back in.

6. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is it a surprise that playing players in their best position yields better results? Dunkley was fantastic and his role is critical to Bont. It’s ridiculous it took this long to roll out after Joshs big finish to last year.

Reality is we should only play two of Libba, Wallis and McLean. Dunkley is a beast mid and Libba is too, which means it comes down to one of Wallis and McLean. Otherwise we’re stuck continually playing multiple mids as forwards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Why is it a surprise that playing players in their best position yields better results? Dunkley was fantastic and his role is critical to Bont. It’s ridiculous it took this long to roll out after Joshs big finish to last year.

Reality is we should only play two of Libba, Wallis and McLean. Dunkley is a beast mid and Libba is too, which means it comes down to one of Wallis and McLean. Otherwise we’re stuck continually playing multiple mids as forwards
    Maybe we can play both McLean and Wallis, just not at the same time on the ground. I think both have something to offer the team. I’d rather see McLean more mid and Wallis more fwd though.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

9. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

I heard Collingwood really gave it Libba and he hasn't been the same since, ie still recovering a bit. He started in the forward line again last night, and slowly got back into the midfield.

Many on here wanted to drop Dunks last week, but I thought he played his best game for the year against Freo. Last night in his 50th, he was a beast.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard Collingwood really gave it Libba and he hasn't been the same since, ie still recovering a bit. He started in the forward line again last night, and slowly got back into the midfield.

Many on here wanted to drop Dunks last week, but I thought he played his best game for the year against Freo. Last night in his 50th, he was a beast.
    Unless he played in the middle. Guess what he did last night?

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting about Libba, can you elaborate?
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Interesting about Libba, can you elaborate?
    What I understood was physically got into him.

Post Thanks / Like

Watch a young Bevo - from Front Bar

https://twitter.com/thefrontbar7/sta...40642018549760

16. Thanks hujsh, Daughter of the West thanked for this post