Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  67
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Bevo Under Pressure to Perform this Year?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    Mentioned on many posts over the last 12 months. Gorden you need to show some leadership now!

As the great EJ said. Do something!
    Wasn't that John Kennedy? (Don't think, just do. Do something, tackle, block, that way when you come off the ground you can say "I did something")

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Why did Montgomery leave? Jumped or pushed?
    He wanted a senior coaching role and left to concentrate on getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Luck is finding 50 bucks on the floor. We didn't get lucky or fluke a premiership. Anyone who has played just one quarter of footy knows that luck won't make you put your head over the ball or gut run the length of the ground just to be an option. It takes skill effort determination and any other cliche that fits because it's true. Luck had nothing to do with it.

Bevo is safe IMO but his staff could do with a clean out like Richmond did at the end of 2016.

Technically that's 'theft by finding' and is a criminal offence.

The rest of your post is correct and your point about what Richmond did at the end of 2016 is a very good one. Hardwick didn't want to lose any of his assistants but wasn't given a choice.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

2. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just listened to Bevo’s post match rundown through the bulldogs members thingo.

No mention of goal kicking, more so just the poor disposal and decision making, which they’ll continue to work on, as they do each week.

Also mentioned that we were short down back and with Freo also having a fairly tall fwd line, we will have to look at that.

And what I found very interesting is that he seemed happy with Hayes and young’s debut games, giving them a look into what they will offer the club going fwd. what griped me the most was saying that guys who play well in the VFL will be rewarded, hence them being selected, so what of trengrove and lippa ? Obvious favouritism If I’ve ever seen it.

Interesting 3 min listen, but no mention of team selection and why they decided to go small against Carlton so to speak, no mention of goal kicking and what they are going to do about it, and pretty much an “untruth” about rewarding VFL form. Hmmm.
    Last edited by DOG GOD; 23-04-2019 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Wrong section
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Just listened to Bevo’s post match rundown through the bulldogs members thingo.

No mention of goal kicking, more so just the poor disposal and decision making, which they’ll continue to work on, as they do each week.

Also mentioned that we were short down back and with Freo also having a fairly tall fwd line, we will have to look at that.

And what I found very interesting is that he seemed happy with Hayes and young’s debut games, giving them a look into what they will offer the club going fwd. what griped me the most was saying that guys who play well in the VFL will be rewarded, hence them being selected, so what of trengrove and lippa ? Obvious favouritism If I’ve ever seen it.

Interesting 3 min listen, but no mention of team selection and why they decided to go small against Carlton so to speak, no mention of goal kicking and what they are going to do about it, and pretty much an “untruth” about rewarding VFL form. Hmmm.
    He has already mentioned goal kicking in his presso after the game.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He has already mentioned goal kicking in his presso after the game.
    Apologies, didn’t see it. Thanks Bornadog...but what did he say? Did he mention about getting someone like Wayne Carey or Brian Taylor down to the club to sort the boys out? I guess not?
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Apologies, didn’t see it. Thanks Bornadog...but what did he say? Did he mention about getting someone like Wayne Carey or Brian Taylor down to the club to sort the boys out? I guess not?
    Yeah, that is what we need. Lindsay Gilbee would be good to have back.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Hell no to Lindsay.

Post Thanks / Like

Brian Taylor was our last goalkicking coach back in the Rocket days believe it or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, that is exactly what we need. The Lindsay Gilbee treatment!!
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

After an early "we missed fairly easy goals" line, Bevo finished up replying to a question about kicking for goal and the inaccuracy that's plagued us for a couple of years and whether it's a consideration with regard to the way we train ...

"Uh yeah *exasperated sigh* it's a continual frustration".

He qualified that by stating we had too many long range shots that fell short, which they'd apparently addressed in the post-game player meeting that they need to be better at (whether that's better kicking penetration or working the ball closer to goal I'm not sure), then mentioned a couple of telling misses early in the 3rd that would've put us back within a couple of kicks only to have the Blues go up the other end and score "twelve point plays".

Clearly frustrated, "we just have to be better. Whether it's the pressures of the game and the environment we just need to deal with it and we'll keep trying to help our players and give them the tools, it's not like we don't train it, and making sure it's under the intensity and environment it should be is something we'll continue to look at".

It's some comfort that the cockroach has had a gutful of it too I suppose.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Our team selections against Carlton were taking the piss. We all would have done better. Undersized and inexperienced for no good reason. Reminiscent of last years early rounds.
    This week I’ve seen a lot of questioning of Bevo, I’m in for the first time. Play our best players in their best positions.
    Will Hayes is not the future of this club.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    After an early "we missed fairly easy goals" line, Bevo finished up replying to a question about kicking for goal and the inaccuracy that's plagued us for a couple of years and whether it's a consideration with regard to the way we train ...

"Uh yeah *exasperated sigh* it's a continual frustration".

He qualified that by stating we had too many long range shots that fell short, which they'd apparently addressed in the post-game player meeting that they need to be better at (whether that's better kicking penetration or working the ball closer to goal I'm not sure), then mentioned a couple of telling misses early in the 3rd that would've put us back within a couple of kicks only to have the Blues go up the other end and score "twelve point plays".

Clearly frustrated, "we just have to be better. Whether it's the pressures of the game and the environment we just need to deal with it and we'll keep trying to help our players and give them the tools, it's not like we don't train it, and making sure it's under the intensity and environment it should be is something we'll continue to look at".

It's some comfort that the cockroach has had a gutful of it too I suppose.
    Then they are wasting their time by not teaching the basic skill of kicking properly.

Its a simple 3 or 4 step process and doesn't need to be complicated by filling the players head with a lot of nonsense.

I have been saying for ages to give me the worst kick in the team for 15 minutes and I will make him a better kick.

Post Thanks / Like

Twodogs for our new goalkicking coach.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Twodogs for our new goalkicking coach.
    You tell 'em Easty.

15. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    You tell 'em Easty.
    Certainly could teach our players a few things. Could assist the goalkicking coach at training. Goalkicking should be mandatory at Bulldog training sessions.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Certainly could teach our players a few things. Could assist the goalkicking coach at training. Goalkicking should be mandatory at Bulldog training sessions.
    Goalkicking is a mandatory aspect of training whenever I've been there. They just don't do it in a professional manner.

18. Likes Eastdog liked this post