Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  67
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Bevo Under Pressure to Perform this Year?

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Sydney had Allir Allir rucking on the weekend . Richmond won a flag with Shaun Grigg .
    Nobody plays two actual ruckman anymore . Just hope the ones that pile on in the negativity have the courage to come forward if we do go better than expected . I’ll watch intently
    The reigning premiers did and seem to be continuing with 2 rucks this year (Vardy, Hickey and later on Natanui).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    The reigning premiers did and seem to be continuing with 2 rucks this year (Vardy, Hickey and later on Natanui).
    Yep - ditto Port and Hawthorn (who for years had Hale in the forward line when resting).

There's no single 'right' way to do things, we have to find what works for us.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Thought his presentation at the season launch was pretty good. He seemed to be in a better place, with some hope in his story, even though he effectively tempered expectations.

Post Thanks / Like

Not playing Bont in the ruck works for me...
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Thought his presentation at the season launch was pretty good. He seemed to be in a better place, with some hope in his story, even though he effectively tempered expectations.
    Thought it was a nice speech that said “I’m a good bloke, and we’ll have a crack this year, just like last year.”

Nothing so far in the pre-season, apart from Libba’s return, indicates a better year this year than last.

Post Thanks / Like

How much longer can we put up with Beveridge and the current coaching group?

Skills and goal kicking have got worse since he arrived if you can believe it.

Super talents like Stringer? Ousted - which we handled pathetically.

We won a premiership with a very young list. Three years on now and our list is diabolically out of shape. No rucks, no key defenders, no small forwards and little pace/excitement.

We are boring to watch to say the least.

Thanks for the flag Bevo but you’re done.

7. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is prior times he'd be in trouble. I don't think anyone will do anything. Maybe if he felt the pressure of the board on his back, he might go about selecting a team capable of beating the worse side in the comp. But that's not happening, so many members/fans can do the feeling of embarrassment for them all.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be poor to sack Bevo.
    But I do think the time has come for an absolute no holds barred independent review; not one conducted by our Footy department.

Post Thanks / Like

When does his contract run out?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    When does his contract run out?
    End of 2020, unless we extend it before then.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I think it would be poor to sack Bevo.
    But I do think the time has come for an absolute no holds barred independent review; not one conducted by our Footy department.
    5 games in, let's wait till the season is over.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

First time ever my support of Bevo has wavered.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    5 games in, let's wait till the season is over.
    Its not just these 5 games though. We've now a sample size of some 49 games. We've well and truly established:
    We are the worst in the league for goal conversion.
    We have even highly skilled players turning over the ball or failing to complete basic AFL skills with shocking regularity. Even Bont today, just a lack of care with some of his disposals by foot and hand.
    In almost every way we have gone backward.
    I don't dump this all on Bevo. He has proven himself a leader of men. I want to know what is going on across the club, what are we doing to address this.

15. Thanks GVGjr, Max469 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Time to go.

Forever grateful for what he did in in 2016, but his attempts to play the game differently have failed and continuing with the same odd strategies into this season is nothing short of arrogance.

You can't fill a team with half back flankers, you can't continually play undersized in key positions, you can't play small and concede the ruck and you can't play guys out of position in the name of versatility.

They're tenets of Aussie Rules and have been for 100+ years. I'm not sure why Bevo thinks a successful Bulldogs side would look any different to every other successful side in history.

Thanks, but time's up.

17. Thanks The Bulldogs Bite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Time to go.

Forever grateful for what he did in in 2016, but his attempts to play the game differently have failed and continuing with the same odd strategies into this season is nothing short of arrogance.

You can't fill a team with half back flankers, you can't continually play undersized in key positions, you can't play small and concede the ruck and you can't play guys out of position in the name of versatility.

They're tenets of Aussie Rules and have been for 100+ years. I'm not sure why Bevo thinks a successful Bulldogs side would look any different to every other successful side in history.

Thanks, but time's up.
    Very well put - couldn’t have said it any better.