Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  27

View Poll Results: Where will we finish.

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-3

1 1.52%
  • 4-6

7 10.61%
  • 7-9

24 36.36%
  • 10-12

16 24.24%
  • 13-15

16 24.24%
  • 16-18

2 3.03%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where will we finish.

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Can't decide. It's either Flag, or Spoon.

I just can't see enough winners across the park, and if there are elsewhere they aren't in the forward 50 kicking regular, winning scores. I have probably the lowest expectations of this team than I ever have had at any point for Footscray team. Not sure it's warranted, but I've lost trust in them.
    Given the 6 6 6 structure, I think our midfield is elite and will win most centre restarts. The goal kicking is something we need to find a solution to very quickly.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Given the 6 6 6 structure, I think our midfield is elite and will win most centre restarts. The goal kicking is something we need to find a solution to very quickly.
    Im not arguing a point, but isn't the time for fixing goal kicking a long time in the rear view mirror?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Given the 6 6 6 structure, I think our midfield is elite and will win most centre restarts.
    Wouldn't we need a ruckman to achieve that?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

5. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Im not arguing a point, but isn't the time for fixing goal kicking a long time in the rear view mirror?
    Agree totally
    WOOF Member 422

7. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Wouldn't we need a ruckman to achieve that?

No, I don’t think so. I think the tap from the ruck is over rated. I think Bevo is thinking the same. The read of the tap is more important which is where our midfield is elite. It is rare to see a ruckman put the ball down the throat of his midfield, there is almost always a scrum and fight for possession. Our inside and outside mids will win a hell of a lot more than they lose.
    WOOF Member 422

9. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very talented midfield group, with good options rotating through. The most emphatic experience of us losing games the past seasons, however, was the relative ease the ball was swept away from the centre bounce when we lost the clearance. Teams were walking them in ar various points.

Libba back helps things there. I think I saw improvement in the first JLT game.

Post Thanks / Like

No, I don’t think so. I think the tap from the ruck is over rated. I think Bevo is thinking the same. The read of the tap is more important which is where our midfield is elite. It is rare to see a ruckman put the ball down the throat of his midfield, there is almost always a scrum and fight for possession. Our inside and outside mids will win a hell of a lot more than they lose.
    The tap from elite ruckmen isnt overrated, not many of those around though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    The tap from elite ruckmen isnt overrated, not many of those around though
    Max Gawn and Brody Grundy are 2 of the best and they both showed us last year how winning an effective tap from a centre bounce can be. In the Melb last year the chance to win was blown away in 10 minutes of centre clearance dominance.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

13. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

With our good draw and improvement all over the ground I think we will shoot up the ladder. 4th or 6th for mine. I take little notice of the practice matches.

Post Thanks / Like

10-12 for mine but happy to proven wrong...I like others just can’t see how we will score enough

Post Thanks / Like

Voted 10-12 but hopefully we can make finals again but not confident on that.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

With a bit of luck on the injury front and we could surprise a few teams this year. We are not used to drilling passes into the forward line unlike most other teams. We have the most to improve in this area. I think Naughton is for the backline now Morris is gone. We will have either English or Trengove resting in a FP and shache roaming around. This is a bit more traditional. Dickson and growers I think will be greatly benifited by the 6-6-6 as they get on good leads with a little space. Some nice delivery and who knows. We get more inside fifties than most teams we play. Turn these into scores and and we could be awesome. So for me 3 - 9 would be lovely.

I know now but I’m optimistic

Post Thanks / Like

In the last two years a grand final appearance has been made by the team that finished 13th the year before.

Last year we finished... 13th. C'mon, weird quirk of history!
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

19. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of scribes have us finishing 17th - I think we will surprise a few this year.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Every year an UNEXPECTED team jumps from outside the 8 to the top 4.

Everyone tells me that team is Adelaide...then again, I saw a poll yesterday where Melbourne - pummelled by West Coast in a prelim only 2-games ago (you may have heard, West COast won the flag and will get Gaff back) - are rated a better side than the Eagles?

Spare me.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.