Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  27

View Poll Results: Where will we finish.

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-3

1 1.52%
  • 4-6

7 10.61%
  • 7-9

24 36.36%
  • 10-12

16 24.24%
  • 13-15

16 24.24%
  • 16-18

2 3.03%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where will we finish.

Teams tend to be harder to beat in finals than they are in home and away games. They would be thinking the same thing about us. Am I right in thinking that we beat both Collingwood and GWS the last time we played them in a final? We didn't play a final V Collingwood between 2008-2010 did we?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Teams tend to be harder to beat in finals than they are in home and away games. They would be thinking the same thing about us. Am I right in thinking that we beat both Collingwood and GWS the last time we played them in a final? We didn't play a final V Collingwood between 2008-2010 did we?
    We played the Pies in 2010 in the QF. 2006 we played them in that great EF win.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

7th. It’s the economy, stupid..!

Got $1k on tonight, straight up, Dogs vs Pies for flag. Void if neither wins... Think it a thrifty bet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    7th. It’s the economy, stupid..!

Got $1k on tonight, straight up, Dogs vs Pies for flag. Void if neither wins... Think it a thrifty bet.
    What odds did you get on that Webby?

On the Friday night (the day) after we beat WC in the elimination final in 2016 I had a bet on a horse that paid $38 for the win. I had put the change from the fish and chips on it-about $3.50-$4 from memory and it ended up paying out a total of around $150 or so.

I remember doing a quick calculation that if I parlayed the money that I had won that night on the bulldogs winning the flag (I think we were paying around $38 for the flag at that stage) then I would get a return of around $1.6 grand for each dollar I started out with( the $3.50 I originally invested on the $38 shot.)

But I didn't parlay the original bet but I am kind of thankful because I am convinced that if I did then we would never had won that flag. My luck just doesn't hold like that! In fact I haven't had a bet (except for on Melbourne cup day) since that day. I'm retired.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    What odds did you get on that Webby?

On the Friday night (the day) after we beat WC in the elimination final in 2016 I had a bet on a horse that paid $38 for the win. I had put the change from the fish and chips on it-about $3.50-$4 from memory and it ended up paying out a total of around $150 or so.

I remember doing a quick calculation that if I parlayed the money that I had won that night on the bulldogs winning the flag (I think we were paying around $38 for the flag at that stage) then I would get a return of around $1.6 grand for each dollar I started out with( the $3.50 I originally invested on the $38 shot.)

But I didn't parlay the original bet but I am kind of thankful because I am convinced that if I did then we would never had won that flag. My luck just doesn't hold like that! In fact I haven't had a bet (except for on Melbourne cup day) since that day. I'm retired.
    Before the finals had started we were $67 to win the flag. Huge odds when there is only 8 teams.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Before the finals had started we were $67 to win the flag. Huge odds when there is only 8 teams.
    I saw the odds of all the 2016 winners in a (hypothetical) betting slip in a TAB FB post early 2017. It had

Leicester city - EPL
    Doggies
    Cronulla Sharks
    Baseball winner - think it was Chicago Cubs
    Basketball - think it was Cleveland
    NFL winner - can’t remember
    And ol’ Donzo Trumpy for the idiot of the century award

Odds were over $1m:1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    I saw the odds of all the 2016 winners in a (hypothetical) betting slip in a TAB FB post early 2017. It had

Leicester city - EPL
    Doggies
    Cronulla Sharks
    Baseball winner - think it was Chicago Cubs
    Basketball - think it was Cleveland
    NFL winner - can’t remember
    And ol’ Donzo Trumpy for the idiot of the century award

Odds were over $1m:1
    Love that one.