Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Forward 50 Efficency in 2019

I’ve made threads like this before and it still is a big issue for us going into a new season. How will Bevo address this dilemma. We have some exciting prospects in Josh Schache, Billy Gowers, Pat Lipinski, Brad Lynch and Tom Boyd fingers crossed and also Bont, Dunks, Macrae, Wally from the middle who can score.

We certainly have some players who can kick goals but it’s the consistency that is required Why have we really fallen down in this area? Who will get the goals? Can we get an average score nearer 100 points.

In 2016 when we won the flag it was built on locking the ball in and a strong defence didn’t need 100 points to win a flag scoring 89.

If we can address this will be a better side and if we can have luck with injuries. We don’t have an issue of getting it in there.

Looking forward to going back to the footy to watch the Dogs again and hoping we are better in this area.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Forward 50 Efficency in 2019

Probably my biggest concern for this year. I think we’ll come away from a lot of games feeling positive about the progress of the young guns and competitive efforts across the middle and backline. Our scoring though is the key concern.

Am interested to see how we play the 6-6-6 rule. Lots of class in the middle to clear the ball to a leading target.