Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Josh Dunkley aims to kick more goals, wants to reach ‘absolute extreme limits’ of potential

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    McLean is great in the centre, but when he is streaming out with the ball he needs to improve his kicking
    There aren't many in our team that aren't in the same category (dodgy kicks)... although they might not as effective as Toby in getting the ball in contested situations.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Josh Dunkley aims to kick more goals, wants to reach ‘absolute extreme limits’ of potential

First takeaway - he wants to kick more goals. All our midfielders need to kick more goals for us to be competitive.
    Second takeaway - he wants to keep improving. Great attitude, now get someone from VU biomechanics to look at his technique and improve that (along with a couple of other mids).
    Third takeaway - he has built himself up and believes he is a good contested overhead mark. Again great, we need a couple of bulls in the midfield and a mid sized marking option up forward at time .
    Fourth takeaway - he went o/s with Bont and I think Crozier on a mission to improve themselves in all areas. Fantastic dedication and I fully support their motivation. Should be promoted to leadership group asap.

To my reading, this is a great story of a young man willing to make the absolute best of his abilities; the same thing we thought was so positive about drafting Smith. I'll take that any day rather than have a super talented, but unreliable, lazy player wasting his abilities, and frustrating supporters and coaches. How the coaching staff see him rotating may be revealed this weekend.
    If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.

Post Thanks / Like

Watching the interview he basically said that all mids who rotate forward will contribute and we'll take a share the load approach. Don't see any change in his role off the back of it. He'll spend 70%+ time in the midfield.

Great to hear he's made some gains with his strength (and presumably, Bont has too). These guys are already bulls but if they are stronger and more powerful than last year, teams that don't have the 6'3 midfielders are going to get bullied.