Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  14
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Our top 5 goal-kickers for 2019

I'm claiming a win in tipping our leading goal kickers for 2019. Four out of my five picks ended in the top five. I missed out on Billy Gowers and didn't nominate Bailey Dale.
    I'm really pleased for him. He's good overhead, kicks a good set shot and knows where the goals are for a snap shot. He's got a few tricks and has finally shown that he can add some tackle pressure up forward.
    Lloyd has been a great get. Can kick a long goal and has been very consistent.
    Naughton is a constant threat up forward and demands a lot of attention from the opposition. Umpires need to watch closely. He's been copping the Chris Grant treatment and it's a disgrace.
    Dicko has erased any doubts about his ability to hold his own at this level. I'm really pleased about that. He only needs a few kicks to be a damaging player.
    Schache has been excellent. Big, mobile and getting stronger. He kicks beautifully and has added depth to our forward set up. Don't like him in the ruck though.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

2. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    I'm claiming a win in tipping our leading goal kickers for 2019. Four out of my five picks ended in the top five. I missed out on Billy Gowers and didn't nominate Bailey Dale.
    I'm really pleased for him. He's good overhead, kicks a good set shot and knows where the goals are for a snap shot. He's got a few tricks and has finally shown that he can add some tackle pressure up forward.
    Lloyd has been a great get. Can kick a long goal and has been very consistent.
    Naughton is a constant threat up forward and demands a lot of attention from the opposition. Umpires need to watch closely. He's been copping the Chris Grant treatment and it's a disgrace.
    Dicko has erased any doubts about his ability to hold his own at this level. I'm really pleased about that. He only needs a few kicks to be a damaging player.
    Schache has been excellent. Big, mobile and getting stronger. He kicks beautifully and has added depth to our forward set up. Don't like him in the ruck though.
    Someone made a fantastic point recently - Schache is less than 4 years into his career which for a tall forward is nothing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Someone made a fantastic point recently - Schache is less than 4 years into his career which for a tall forward is nothing
    When you consider Naughton is two years into his, and only one of those was spent as a tall forward, this is a combo we can potentially get 8-10 years out of.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    When you consider Naughton is two years into his, and only one of those was spent as a tall forward, this is a combo we can potentially get 8-10 years out of.
    It’s genuinely really exciting isn’t it! Naughton for me is a bit of a bob murphy....the only problem is there’s only one of him.

Post Thanks / Like

Bailey Smith will be a 20+ goal kicker each season

With the likes of Lloyd and Smith around Schache and Naughton we will have some goal scoring power going forward
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Top 5 Now:

Lloyd - 37 (22 games)
    Naughton - 30 (22)
    Dickson - 24 (17)
    Schache - 23 (13)
    Dale - 21 (9)

8. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bailey Dale with a bullet. Well done lad

By all accounts we were into Lloyd from halfway into last season. Brilliant trading
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Naughton and Schache have similarities to Lynch and Bradshaw combo of the of the 2000's Lions.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Dale always had it in him just kept getting injuries when he was coming good.
    He is now starting to get a good run at it.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Naughton 30 goals 27 behinds.

I wonder how many shots he’s had that failed to score?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Naughton 30 goals 27 behinds.

I wonder how many shots he’s had that failed to score?
    I think he could easily kick 50 next year
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post