Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  44
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 JLT Series - Match 2 Western Bulldogs v St Kilda

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    You don't care if we win or lose a JLT game as "it's just a training drill" and yet you challenge any rule change in the same games?
    Yeah sorry I don't follow the logic here either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Maybe that’s because these rule changes aren’t just JLT though, they are included in the real season.
    Thanks my point, if our form shouldn't be judged in the JLT and we should wait until the season starts then shouldn't that also apply to the rule changes as well? Maybe the umpiring are using the JLT to work on the rules as well.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks my point, if our form shouldn't be judged in the JLT and we should wait until the season starts then shouldn't that also apply to the rule changes as well? Maybe the umpiring are using the JLT to work on the rules as well.
    I have never taken preseason seriously. However the rules are for the season and of course I will challenge them if I don’t like them, they are not just for JLT
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I have never taken preseason seriously. However the rules are for the season and of course I will challenge them if I don’t like them, they are not just for JLT
    Besides that you used to take preseason losses under B-Mac quiet seriously, I still can't work out why if the "JLT is nothing more than a training drill" surely the umpires and the competition should be given the same scope to use the series to work on the interpretation of the rules? You've dismissed them point blank without even giving them a chance and while I know rules changes are a bugbear of yours if the JLT is just a training drill for clubs then the surely rules also need time to work through with the umpires, teams and the fans.
    To me the 6, 6 , 6 worked pretty well on what I saw. I'm not going to shut it down just because it's a change.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I never have taken the preseason seriously, under any coach. I didn’t even go to the 2010 grand final.

As for rule changes 6.6.6 does nothing to enhance the game, just makes the umpires job harder.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It sort of made sense but I wished we had two of him.

I don't like it and still don't but given the way we have cut our ruck options I think we have to get used to it and maybe even accept that Bontempelli might have to as well at a pinch
    I'll be annoyed if we have to do that. Like using your best suit to lift hay bales in.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I never have taken the preseason seriously, under any coach. I didn’t even go to the 2010 grand final.

As for rule changes 6.6.6 does nothing to enhance the game, just makes the umpires job harder.
    Oh come on. Who didn't smile when the whole crowd was chanting 'We are not worthy' to Barry Hall.
    That was a great start to the year.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

8. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You know I love your work BAD but the 666 rule is awesome and 100% makes the game better...further, the umpires don’t really have any more to do now than before.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    You know I love your work BAD but the 666 rule is awesome and 100% makes the game better...further, the umpires don’t really have any more to do now than before.
    I'm not one for stuffing around with the game (stop changing the damn rules every five minutes), but I'm of the same opinion with this one. The 6/6/6 rule is good.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    The umpires have to delay the start of each centre bounce and ensure players are in position.

As for enhancing the game, what for 10 seconds. Congestion still happens around the ground if that is what the aim is to reduce it, well as I said it does for 10 seconds?

Believe me this is a precursor for Zones to come in at some stage and then I doubt I will be watching any more.

Post Thanks / Like

666 is the devils number maybe it should be 555.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...