Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  44
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 JLT Series - Match 2 Western Bulldogs v St Kilda

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Aye, demonstrates perfectly how vital a fit JJ is to us.

Will miss JJ early on. Need his run if half back.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    There is so much ball winning ability in that side but gee we lack leg speed and some natural forward instinct. I'm hoping Cavarra gets a chance on Sunday to impress.
    Hasn’t Wallis shown enough to have that small, goal kicking forward role locked away? He isn’t quick but has shown himself to be very effective in the f50. I guess Lipinski is a bit one paced but overall our leg speed is ok. JJ is super quick but it didn’t help him break tags last year...

I think the leg speed comments I am hearing are a bit over the top - Adelaide have build an awesome group of midfield/half back runners and I don’t think they have any genuine speedsters...no one is suggesting that the crouch-crouch-Sloane-Gibbs group is too slow...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

3. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Schache & Lachlan Young in, Lipinski out, going with 1 extra player this week.

B: Easton Wood, Aaron Naughton, Dale Morris
    HB: Hayden Crozier, Zaine Cordy, Caleb Daniel
    C: Lachie Hunter, Jack Macrae, Ed Richards
    HF: Billy Gowers, Josh Schache, Sam Lloyd
    F: Toby McLean, Marcus Bontempelli, Tom Liberatore
    Ruck: Jackson Trengove, Josh Dunkley, Mitch Wallis
    Int: Matthew Suckling, Bailey Smith, Taylor Duryea, Will Hayes, Bailey Williams, Lachlan Young, Tim English

Emer: Rhylee West, Ben Cavarra, Patrick Lipinski, Tory Dickson, Fergus Greene

Post Thanks / Like

AFL site also has Greene on the bench, not sure which is more accurate, I assume the club site is.

Post Thanks / Like

Not impressed leaving Dickson and Cavarra out frankly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    AFL site also has Greene on the bench, not sure which is more accurate, I assume the club site is.
    I would say the AFL site is wrong, probably couldn't understand that we are going 1 player short.

They also noted this:
    Notable absentees: Liam Picken, Lin Jong, Roarke Smith
    Apparently Roarke Smith is a more notable absentee than JJ or Boyd?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Not impressed leaving Dickson and Cavarra out frankly.
    If they aren't going to play round 1 - and it seems pretty clear that Dickson never was and Cavarra hasn't done enough, well, what's the point.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking forward to attending another game in Ballarat plus it's a strong team we have selected. The weather should be OK for the game as well
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    If they aren't going to play round 1 - and it seems pretty clear that Dickson never was and Cavarra hasn't done enough, well, what's the point.
    I suppose I'm used to the pattern of previous years where we get to see more players get a shot. Cararra seems like the kind of player who we lack compared to Hayes who doesn't seem to offer anything we don't already have.

Dickson I suppose I just forgot he was on a modified program. and probably isn't fit.

Post Thanks / Like

Remember with Hayes he's come through the VFL side so he's probably further ahead in terms of adapting to our style and what's required of him in whatever role he has. Cavarra might need some time to nail down the right role.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Reading the match info. blerb it sounds like car parking in the immediate area of the ground is limited.. is that the case?

I'll be in Ballarat for the day and would like to catch at least half of the game, but with 2 x boys under 5 in tow I may need to depart quickly and don't want it to be impossible to get them into the car and heading back to Melb.. thoughts?
    There's parking in the streets near the ground mate. I'll be there, let's catch up.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if we will play Schache, Trengove and English in the same team in the season proper?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Hasn’t Wallis shown enough to have that small, goal kicking forward role locked away? He isn’t quick but has shown himself to be very effective in the f50. I guess Lipinski is a bit one paced but overall our leg speed is ok. JJ is super quick but it didn’t help him break tags last year...

I think the leg speed comments I am hearing are a bit over the top - Adelaide have build an awesome group of midfield/half back runners and I don’t think they have any genuine speedsters...no one is suggesting that the crouch-crouch-Sloane-Gibbs group is too slow...
    I like Wallis resting forward, but I want a forward that plays forward not forward mid wing. How do you build continuity down there? Give me Dickson, Greene and potentially Cavarra( why not play him in JLT?) any day forward over Dunkley Wallis Hayes Linpinksi. Our midfield is deep enough now Libba is back surely we can afford to play Schache and a smaller type permanently down there. Gowers can even go midfield if we are so desperate for flexibility.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't mind that we're going in with a settled side, even if that means a few players we would have hoped to see don't feature. Let's get some continuity in the early part of the year and build.

Hoped Lipinski would hold a spot but didn't watch last week and maybe he's just outside of our best team at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Don't mind that we're going in with a settled side, even if that means a few players we would have hoped to see don't feature. Let's get some continuity in the early part of the year and build.

Hoped Lipinski would hold a spot but didn't watch last week and maybe he's just outside of our best team at the moment.
    It looks a strong enough side and with the addition of Schache it has a better avenue towards goal than last week.

The Lachlan Young addition is an interesting one, I mentioned him as someone to watch a few weeks back but I didn't think he would force his way onto an extended bench especially at the expense of Dickson, Greene, Lipinski and Cavarra. He's obviously been impressive throughout the summer.

I'm fascinated to see how the forward line functions with Gowers, Lloyd, Schache, Wallis and Bontempelli. If we can get this right it should cause opposition teams some problems.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"