More Bullshit from the AFL - what the hell is wrong with the way it was. How did restricting the runner enhance the game?

WESTERN Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge has thrown down the gauntlet to the AFL to listen to the players and reinstate the access to runners in 2019.

The AFL this year changed the rules around runners to ensure they could only enter the field of play after a goal had been scored.
Following the AFL reiterated its stance that there was no intention of changing rules before the season starts.

When asked of Beveridge's comments post-game, Saints coach Alan Richardson joined the chorus of support.
"I don't know why we got rid of the runners, personally," Richardson said.

"We do, as coaches, get the opportunity to voice our opinion in the right forum with the AFL, (Steve) Hocking and those guys. I just don't get it. I reckon that'd be a good thing (to bring them back).

"We used signs late in the game, so we've got the signs all ready to go in terms of what we want to do strategically.
"That takes a long time for the players to get used to that, to look over at the bench."

As revealed by AFL.com.au, clubs have started returning AFL-issued LED communication boards back to the League which are estimated to have cost the competition more than $50,000.

Feedback provided by clubs suggested that the boards, used by a number of clubs during week one of the JLT Community Series were "impractical."