Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  43
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Morris ACL!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Morris ACL!!!!

I hope he never leaves the club. Bulldog personified.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant News!!
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely incredible. A freak of nature.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    If you *really* want to get well Dale why not drink broth from the bones of the forwards you've vanquished over the years?
    Brilliant!

Post Thanks / Like

Freak. Of. Nature.

I honestly thought we'd never see a recovery from an ACL tear quite the likes of Libba Snr's in 1998.

Then Dale Morris says "Hold my bone broth..."

What a blessing he's been for our club.

6. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I mentioned a while ago that you just don't bet against Morris not only playing this year but maybe even next.
    You'd have to think that his professionalism would have an impact on our younger players

Post Thanks / Like

Remarkable.

This guy is going down as an all time great - almost unrivalled.

9. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mutant healing factor.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Whoa! Is anyone else watching The Sunday Footy Show? Dale Morris is being interviewed and they showed some of the treatment that Dale is receiving on his knee and the manipulation on his knee. I wouldn't want someone doing that to my knee, especially if it was broken already. It's not just onfield that footballers are brave.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure Dale wants to play on. But he's played just 22 games out of the last 56 games (2.5 seasons). Immediately before that he was playing with a broken back. He's a hero, he's a warrior but I don't see giving him another year is the best decision (he'll be 38 next year with a badly banged up body and a lot of games missed to injury).
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

13. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I'm sure Dale wants to play on. But he's played just 22 games out of the last 56 games (2.5 seasons). Immediately before that he was playing with a broken back. He's a hero, he's a warrior but I don't see giving him another year is the best decision (he'll be 38 next year with a badly banged up body and a lot of games missed to injury).
    Dale says that because he didnt have the latest knee injury operated on that means the trauma that the operation would otherwise have caused isn't there so he is confident of playing until he is 40-he may have said that with his tongue in his cheek because the other panelists started to carry on when he said it and they didn't follow up if he was serious or not. Although Dale Morris doesn't strike me as somebody who kids around about stuff like that.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Dale says that because he didnt have the latest knee injury operated on that means the trauma that the operation would otherwise have caused isn't there so he is confident of playing until he is 40-he may have said that with his tongue in his cheek because the other panelists started to carry on when he said it and they didn't follow up if he was serious or not. Although Dale Morris doesn't strike me as somebody who kids around about stuff like that.
    He was on a panel at the end of 2015 ar an event. He said he was hoping for 3, maybe 4 years if he didn't start getting regular injuries or 'old man injuries' (calves etc). That takes him to the end of this season. I think it's time, but if anyone in the club's history deserves a season too long for their service, it's Dale.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't it be great if he never retired. Just kept on playing.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, do you get a free kick against if you use a Zimmer frame to spoil.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

18. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Suspecting that new and old injuries will come back to haunt him, I don’t want him playing lots of games.