Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  43
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Morris ACL!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Morris ACL!!!!

So gutted for Moz
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    We should all just watch 'that tackle' on loop tonight... that will cheer us all up!
    What a magnificent tackle it was.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 17-03-2019 at 09:34 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

If it is a full ACL do you think he would/should go for the LARS alternative if it is available?

TIme is not on his side, but does anyone know how the LARS grafts do long term?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    If it is a full ACL do you think he would/should go for the LARS alternative if it is available?

TIme is not on his side, but does anyone know how the LARS grafts do long term?
    We saw Goldsack come back for the finals. If I was him, I would go Lars
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I am gutted for Moz, a fantastic person, a player of rare courage, selflessness, humility and determination. He has always made us so proud, and That Tackle (and let’s not forget That Smother in Q3) of the Gf were both brilliant and so typically Dale.

But ....this may be an unpopular opinion.... I don’t share the belief that he can somehow play on. For all his famed resilience, the last few years have been so tough on his body. Should he really put himself and his family through the terrible grind of rehab for the very slight chance of everything going well enough for him to somehow at age 37 play on in 2020?
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    But ....this may be an unpopular opinion.... I don’t share the belief that he can somehow play on. For all his famed resilience, the last few years have been so tough on his body. Should he really put himself and his family through the terrible grind of rehab for the very slight chance of everything going well enough for him to somehow at age 37 play on in 2020?
    I do somewhat agree, but if the club is hellbent on getting Picken back despite him not having recovered for over a year now I'm not sure they'll hold Morris back from the opportunity to return. I think he'll come back at the end of this season, and that'll be that.

I do remember an article or interview from last year where he talked about his son, and how his son wasn't playing footy or something. He quoted his son as saying something along the lines of "I don't like football. Football hurts daddy". Smart kid.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

I can't see us winning the flag this year so I think the club should respectfully ask him to retire. Moz is also one of my all time favourite players so it's hard to see him go out this way but I think this is the time to find his replacement. If Moz wants to play on next year or a miracle he comes back this year we are simply delaying the development of the next Dale Morris.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Devastating news at this stage of the season, but given it’s moz he’ll surely be back by round 9

Does this mean Naughton moves permanently back?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm worried about he flow-on effect on the group.
    Is there anyone on our list as respected and Moz? I remember Gia talking about Granty's ACL and how 'the arse fell out of the place' when he did it - we won the spoon that year. Morale is important and if saps the morale from the group we're in for a long season.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I'm worried about he flow-on effect on the group.
    Is there anyone on our list as respected and Moz? I remember Gia talking about Granty's ACL and how 'the arse fell out of the place' when he did it - we won the spoon that year. Morale is important and if saps the morale from the group we're in for a long season.
    The difference between then and now is huge.
    To qualify that difference I have just 2 words for you.
    "Peter Rhode"
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

wow been off line for a few days and come back to this devastating news. Moz will be severely missed, especially his experience and assistance with our younger players. Hopefully we see him back in the 2nd half of the season.

Post Thanks / Like

awful news

Post Thanks / Like

Announcement coming on 7 news

Post Thanks / Like

Scans confirmed ACL torn, no reco and has to wear a brace and will hopefully heal itself, hopes to be back mid season.

Post Thanks / Like

14 weeks he’s not having an operation wearing a special brace