Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  43
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Morris ACL!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Morris ACL!!!!

Go LARS Moz back for mid-year.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Alright, I’ll watch this for the 94th time if I must.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Go LARS Moz back for mid-year.
    I would, he doesn't have time on his side
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Unbelievable. He's had such rotten luck with injuries over the last 5 years. It's going to be hard to replace such a champion.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Bugger. Just the wrong way for him to go out, if this is it. Deserves better.
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure I'm running a line through him.

This is not a mere mortal we're talking about, it's Dale freaking Morris. The guy could be cremated and he'd want to get back early.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

7. Likes HOSE B ROMERO, Doc26 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fletcher Roberts is by far the most senior KPD we have (Wood isn't a KPD). And he might not even play. None of that cover for tall forwards. This is about the worst player on the list to happen to. This is about the worst human being, a decent, hard, loyal man for it to happen to.

I'm sick of these ACLs. We must be ranked #1.

FFS. Can we just sit out this year, I've had enough already. Why Morris?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Missed a trick not giving Young or Roberts some game time in JLT2, especially when we knew Naughton would be playing forward

Post Thanks / Like

One of my most admired Bulldog players of all time.

I wouldn't write him off playing next year.

It's a tough life being a footballer and I think I'm guilty at times for looking at the trappings of successful players and not fully appreciating how hard it actually is for players when injuries like this occur.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Out of adversity comes opportunity. Come on young bulldogs, rise up.

Post Thanks / Like

If one player can come back at age 37 it is the Morris Major.

Post Thanks / Like

If anyone can, it’s Morris: Grant

Western Bulldogs director of football Chris Grant says if there’s any athlete who can bounce back from an ACL injury at 36, it’s Dale Morris.

The inspirational Bulldog, who has overcome more than his fair share of injuries in his lengthy career, suffered an ACL injury at training on Friday.

Expert opinion is being sought by the Bulldogs and Morris around the extent of the injury, before determining the best course of action for his rehabilitation.

“That’s the question that everybody will ask, because of his age,” Grant told media at VU Whitten Oval on Friday afternoon.

“There’s two things probably around Dale. One, he wants to get the information and we want to get that for him ASAP, and then we’ll sit with him and determine an action plan from there.

“(Two) I guess if there was a player or an athlete within elite sport that could return at his age, or her age, from an injury like this, it’s Dale Morris.

“But in saying that, there’s a lot of water to go under the bridge before we even contemplate that.

“He’s had in his terms, a very, very good pre-season in comparison to others, so I think on the eve of the season for him and the team it’s a real cruel blow.

Grant said the Bulldogs would rally around Morris, and be ready for round one.

“We’ve had a pretty tough period of injuries over the last two years, so I think in that sense we understand that the group’s pretty resilient,” Grant said.

“But at the same time, as much as they’re excited for the season pending, they’re really devastated for him personally.

“The effort that he’s put in to get back last year in some ways was miraculous, and now to have this on the eve of the season is devastating for him.

“The positivity and spirit within the group is enormous, it’s at a really high level.

“We expect that they’ll be disappointed for him, but at the same time still looking forward to round one.”

14. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    Out of adversity comes opportunity. Come on young bulldogs, rise up.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

16. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, N/A, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hated hearing this today. Sometimes the game isn’t fair.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    This has become such a time honoured ritual you can just about set your watch to it these days.

They're reporting a hyperextension rather than a tear which has to be good news, doesn't it?

And it's Dale we're talking about. He'll still be right for round one fer chrissake.

AND as already noted, so much for the time spent trialling Naughton up forward. Back down the rear son.
    Hyperextension is the movement that causes the ACL to tear, so probably not good news.