Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who's on your radar?

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Lewis Young , gun first year then completely disappeared off the radar last year .. he either starts getting games again or other clubs and he will be looking elsewhere.
    I don’t want to see him go.
    Turned 20 in December, has some time on his side.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Turned 20 in December, has some time on his side.
    Yep plenty of time for Lewie.

I'm actually super excited to see Bailey Smith. I know everyone else is too being an early draft pick. There I was a lot of hype around this kid last year and I want to see why. I think we a one gun midfielder short and I'm hoping Bailey will be that gun.

Another is Tim English. We are desperate for an A grade ruckman IMO. We need to be competitive in all areas of ground including the ruck. Tim has been the talk of the preseason so let's hope he can turn preseason form into actual form. I'd love to see his contested mark game improve especially. Roughy was a decent mark around the ground that we'll miss so we need Tim to provide the get out of trouble mark.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Fletcher Roberts. Now hear me out. He's now the most experienced genuine KPD we have. The responsibility is in him to get in the side and lead from the front. When given the pressure & responsibility in 2016 finals, he stood up. Maybe he needs a personal chat with Bevo about leading our young KPDs now. His body looks much stronger in the arms,and much leaner through the body. He looks ready to have strength in the contest, but more mobility. It might sound strange, but if he can lock down a spot with Cordy, we can play Naughton or Young forward too if we wanted. There's no Hamling, no Adams, no Collins, no Morris. This is make or break for him, and I'm hoping it's a 'make'.
    Absolutely cracking bloke too. I have optics on Bailey Williams. Has all the attributes, tallish, quickish, finds the footy and kicks goals. Could be a top 5 B&F smokey.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I am looking forward to seeing Ed Richards play this year. A bit quiet in the practice matches but had a terrific first year. I want to see if he builds on that.

5. Likes Ghost Dog, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I am looking forward to seeing Ed Richards play this year. A bit quiet in the practice matches but had a terrific first year. I want to see if he builds on that.
    Beat me to it B4l, I am really excited about Ed and think he will have a cracking season.

But the Bonts is who I am most excited about, I think will find another gear this season.
    Our younger brigade are maturing and becoming bigger bodied so he should have more back up and support.

7. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gowers and Dickson for mine. We have missed Tory badly these last two years. Gowers is a hard at it type who can take a good grab. He's capable of 40 plus goals if he kicks straight.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."