Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

OK. I'm ready for the games to start now.

I am probably in the minority but I am 100% READY for the footy now.

AFLW has been good this year and is a great primer. The girls don't want me to say that (I know) and I don't really mean it that way...I have watched maybe 20x games of AFLW this year and have been really enjoying it - BUT what it really did was give me a 'footy fix' a month or so early. Our girls had a disappointing back end of the season (to be expected I think) and finishing up yesterday with a pretty brave effort was actually perfect...

The AFL-X was publicity and fun...and made me look forward to the JLT.

2x rounds of pre-season games is just about right...I am so glad the bad old days of 4x games and pre-season finals etc are done with.

The week off before the season has me really eager for it all to just START.

We will beat the Swans this week and have a great early season (well - 14x rounds!!!) draw...this is gonna be GREAT!
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: OK. I'm ready for the games to start now.

I admire your enthusiasm M, I'm looking forward (albeit with some trepidation) at how we structure up in our first game and obviously all eyes are on our talls.

Do we play Naughton forward or back?
    Schache from the square or more CHF?
    Do we play two rucks or one?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

If we beat the Swans I'll be right there with you.

I'm feeling a little down on footy and need something positive to pick me back up

Post Thanks / Like

Pre JLT I was really excited to see where we would fit in, I thought our back end to 2018 were reasonably good given the make-up of our team and after what was reported as being a positive pre-season I was feeling positive... but our performances in those games has reduced my excitement levels a little, perhaps I've placed too much emphasis on glorified practice games, but they are what they are and I expected more.

Then post this it feels like it's been injury after injury (Dale's injurt hurts), a shitty jumper rolled out and all in all I'm a little flat.

Hoping we pick a team which passes my 'eye test' and I look forward to seeing how we shape up in a very winnable game.

Post Thanks / Like

Really excited at the moment but will be even more so come Thursday nights team selection.
    I like our chances against the Swans and overall I think we have a good draw

No excuses for injuries, experience or anything else from my perspective. I'm looking forward to catching up with other members as well
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

Hoping we pick a team which passes my 'eye test' and I look forward to seeing how we shape up in a very winnable game.
    LOL. Some of the teams I thought the LEAST OF in the Bevo era turned out to be winners...I am not going to be knocked down no matter what team is named to play the Swans.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    LOL. Some of the teams I thought the LEAST OF in the Bevo era turned out to be winners...I am not going to be knocked down no matter what team is named to play the Swans.
    #inbevowetrust

I'll be really disappointed if we select Hayes.. which I feel we will do.

Post Thanks / Like

I admire your enthusiasm MJP but personally I wish the start of the season was 3 months away. All signs point to a long and painful year with very little to get excited about. My son is turning 3 later in the season and is starting to show some enthusiasm for football so I suspect I'm going to have to pretend be enthusiastic about it with him. I'm expecting to see a lot of games where we only kick 8 goals for the match and many scoreless quarters.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

#inbevowetrust

With you on that. Don't see what he brings to the side at all.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I am with you all the way MJP I can't wait to walk up to Marvel this week and watch the boys run out. Like you I have had some footy fix with AFLW, AFLX was a minor distraction, watched a bit of JLT (but I was away anyway, so missed the most of it). JLT is a training run and a chance to tweak somethings, but very little enthusiasm or emotion from me.

The build up starts from tomorrow, with open training, then Thursday we have team selection, Friday maybe a press conference and finally Saturday. Bring it on.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly wish I felt like you do, mjp.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm ready for the season to start like I'm always ready for a performance review - can we get this out of the way so I can stop stressing about it? You never know, it might be positive, but the worrying sucks.

Even if it is bad, at least you know when you know.....
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

#inbevowetrust

Why? He is 23, has played some good VFL footy and is ready to go. If we don't play him, why did we get him?

Our wins and losses aren't coming from the likes of Hayes...they are coming from Bont!

Post Thanks / Like

Why? He is 23, has played some good VFL footy and is ready to go. If we don't play him, why did we get him?
    Honestly, his skill levels by foot were poor in both JLT games. I'm concerned he the classic type who plays well at VFL level but struggles to make the step up (e.g. Webb).
    We have to play guys on form.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I am probably in the minority but I am 100% READY for the footy now.

AFLW has been good this year and is a great primer. The girls don't want me to say that (I know) and I don't really mean it that way...I have watched maybe 20x games of AFLW this year and have been really enjoying it - BUT what it really did was give me a 'footy fix' a month or so early. Our girls had a disappointing back end of the season (to be expected I think) and finishing up yesterday with a pretty brave effort was actually perfect...

The AFL-X was publicity and fun...and made me look forward to the JLT.

2x rounds of pre-season games is just about right...I am so glad the bad old days of 4x games and pre-season finals etc are done with.

The week off before the season has me really eager for it all to just START.

We will beat the Swans this week and have a great early season (well - 14x rounds!!!) draw...this is gonna be GREAT!
    That's nice. I give that feeling about a month.

The prospect of a new season usually buoys the spirits but nothing we've done between the end of the last one and the start of the next inspires much confidence. Any lineup you throw onto paper looks full of deficiencies; lacking structure, speed, skill and experience. Can we eek by on competitiveness?

Perhaps the eye deceives and Bevo can orchestrate a bit of magic but another 'developmental year' looms I fear where any joy found is more likely to lay in the individual progress of a small handful.

I'd relish nothing more than being horribly wrong.
    BORDERLINE FLYING