Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: OK. I'm ready for the games to start now.

Is it a little strange that I want to be able to say I attended the game Bailey Smith made his debut?

I missed Moz's debut/Granty's 300th. A friend (rudely) decided to get married that night and I attended the wedding. Little did we know that in paying tribute to a Bulldogs legend in his milestone game we'd be seeing the debut of another legend.

And yes, I do think Moz will be considered a Bulldogs legend when he retires. It's not just "that tackle" - it is rarely mentioned but he was second in our B&F in 2016, and I don't think any player in our history has - twice - played finals with fractures (2009 & 2016).
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Is it a little strange that I want to be able to say I attended the game Bailey Smith made his debut?

I missed Moz's debut/Granty's 300th. A friend (rudely) decided to get married that night and I attended the wedding. Little did we know that in paying tribute to a Bulldogs legend in his milestone game we'd be seeing the debut of another legend.

And yes, I do think Moz will be considered a Bulldogs legend when he retires. It's not just "that tackle" - it is rarely mentioned but he was second in our B&F in 2016, and I don't think any player in our history has - twice - played finals with fractures (2009 & 2016).
    Highly respected Orthapedic Surgeon, David Young, who treats Elite sportspeople across many sports and looks after Moz, claims that he has never seen anyone with the capacity of Moz to overcome and endure pain like he does. He is an outstanding individual and we have been blessed to have him at the WB.

3. Likes Mofra, GVGjr, S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Highly respected Orthapedic Surgeon, David Young, who treats Elite sportspeople across many sports and looks after Moz, claims that he has never seen anyone with the capacity of Moz to overcome and endure pain like he does. He is an outstanding individual and we have been blessed to have him at the WB.
    Lots of comparisons between him and the terminator - really he’s just like wolverine

5. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Still not pumped, but I intend to document going to the footy this season. Still waiting on a few bits and bobs to arrive in the post but I might have a crack at a short weekly video. Was half interested in a podcast, but a vlog might stretch my skills a bit more. If I am happy with things I'll share it.

Segments will include a weekly addition to my Obscure Bulldogs 22, game reaction, votes and different fans signing off with "there's always next week" for a loss and "we stuck it up em" for a win.

9. Likes GVGjr, Doc26, The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Still not pumped, but I intend to document going to the footy this season. Still waiting on a few bits and bobs to arrive in the post but I might have a crack at a short weekly video. Was half interested in a podcast, but a vlog might stretch my skills a bit more. If I am happy with things I'll share it.

Segments will include a weekly addition to my Obscure Bulldogs 22, game reaction, votes and different fans signing off with "there's always next week" for a loss and "we stuck it up em" for a win.
    Love a good vlog
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll admit the first half was fun (2nd half stressful)