Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: OK. I'm ready for the games to start now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Honestly, his skill levels by foot were poor in both JLT games. I'm concerned he the classic type who plays well at VFL level but struggles to make the step up (e.g. Webb).
    We have to play guys on form.
    He hasn't played a single game yet...

Can we at least give him a go? Has certainly put in a tonne of effort to get this far...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah looking forward to the season again but yes I’m a little less enthusiastic in how will go this year. Will be great going back to Marvel again to catch up with the Bulldogs people again who sit around me.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I admire your enthusiasm MJP but personally I wish the start of the season was 3 months away. All signs point to a long and painful year with very little to get excited about. My son is turning 3 later in the season and is starting to show some enthusiasm for football so I suspect I'm going to have to pretend be enthusiastic about it with him. I'm expecting to see a lot of games where we only kick 8 goals for the match and many scoreless quarters.
    My son had just turned 3 when we won the Grand Final, he sat with me during the PF and watched on TV and I managed to get home in time before he went to sleep on GF day to tell him all about it. I got a dream start with him. I've also been pretty lucky to take him to games we've actually played well and won after 2016. Good luck mate, use the mascots to your advantage, kids love them and Caeser.

Post Thanks / Like

Bring it on. It’s gonna be great.

We have so much talent on our list. Reckon we’re only accuracy in front of goal from playing finals.

I hope Smith gets early games, Lloyd gets on the board early, the mids honour Schache’s leads, Libba brings back some agro.

So excited! I stupidly agreed to go to Lions v WC on Sat night so will be watching the first half at the Pineapple Hotel then the rest on my phone from the Gabba.

Go Dogs!

5. Likes S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I admire your enthusiasm MJP but personally I wish the start of the season was 3 months away. All signs point to a long and painful year with very little to get excited about. My son is turning 3 later in the season and is starting to show some enthusiasm for football so I suspect I'm going to have to pretend be enthusiastic about it with him. I'm expecting to see a lot of games where we only kick 8 goals for the match and many scoreless quarters.
    You're lucky, my son turns 3 next month and couldn't care less about footy. I expect he will be demanding I turn the footy over to Paw Patrol this season, hopefully we aren't playing poorly enough for me to give in to his demands.

Post Thanks / Like

Flat as a tack.

I feigned excitement and spun myself a narrative similar to last preseason. But on what I've seen, the team aren't going to be good enough, often enough, to do anything meaningful. I'm really concerned about the coaching group. AFLW season never got motoring and subjected me to the same frustrations as the men's team, wasted chances.

Then the kick in the guts jumper scenario. It's as flat/disinterested as I've ever been.

8. Likes Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Flat as a tack.

I feigned excitement and spun myself a narrative similar to last preseason. But on what I've seen, the team aren't going to be good enough, often enough, to do anything meaningful. I'm really concerned about the coaching group. AFLW season never got motoring and subjected me to the same frustrations as the men's team, wasted chances.

Then the kick in the guts jumper scenario. It's as flat/disinterested as I've ever been.
    I'm tipping you will get it back soon though, a couple of early wins will get the blood pumping
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

10. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s exciting no mater what has happened. It’s footy season again. Will be an interesting team on Thursday I hope we stick with favoured positions and don’t experiment to much. Give Hayes a break he has played two games at a higher speed and got his hands on it and ran to the right places. Sure he didn’t dispose of it the best but there were plenty of mistakes from seasoned professionals as well. It’s great to win a few practice matches but really how much do they really mean.

I am am a bit excited to see what our boys can do with the new format. Like someone said earlier we are a few straighter shots on goal from getting back to the finals. This format is for skilled players and I think we have a lot that might go alright.

GO DOGGIES

Post Thanks / Like

I always get excited for the start of the season so much so I've been watching the odd quarter here and there from last year just to get a fix.
    If the season goes pear shape I will flatten out by seasons end but while there is a chance to play finals I'm in boots an' all.

Go Dogs....
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

13. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Should mention that I'm super excited for the season to start too, rather than just hitting a drive-by on poor Will Hayes. We were fun as hell to end the season last year and no amount of poor pre-season footy is going to make me forget good actual real football. I'm confident we'll be better than advertised this year.

Plus footy is pretty much the best thing ever so even if we suck it'll still be awesome to not have to deal with life for a few hours on the weekend again.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Give Hayes a go please. If we are going to read into preseason matches I was not happy with Dunkley whose kicking and application IMO was way worse than Hayes. I think Hayes might need a bit of time to adjust but is a better kick, reasonably quick and has footy smarts more than some are thinking. Some I recall were a bit ho hum early on about Crozier and he has been a damn good pickup.

I am really looking forward to seeing Lloyd as I think we will be really happy with that trade. And when Bailey Smith plays that will be exciting too. Plus Williams, Naughton, Greene, Richards,McLean, Schache etc. ....so many young ones to enjoy watching their development.

Really do not know how we will go this year however until real season starts who knows? Wish it was Saturday already. Go Dogs!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    He hasn't played a single game yet...

Can we at least give him a go? Has certainly put in a tonne of effort to get this far...
    Of course he has and good luck to him, I'm not against Hayes playing this year.
    I simply don't believe anyone should be gifted games simply because they have been drafted as a mature aged player and right now I don't have him in my best 22 based on what we've sen in the JLT which is the closest thing we have to exposed form for our list.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I’m pretty excited.

Our midfield will bully sides.

Naughton, Schache and Bont up front is a triple threat.

Despite it being terrible for Moz to get injured on the eve of the season, I think we’ll have a better balance down back.

The Swans are a good side, but they are also our bunny. We’ve created momentum and celebrated many of our best wins of the Bevo era against them.

We have Bont.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    My son had just turned 3 when we won the Grand Final, he sat with me during the PF and watched on TV and I managed to get home in time before he went to sleep on GF day to tell him all about it. I got a dream start with him. I've also been pretty lucky to take him to games we've actually played well and won after 2016. Good luck mate, use the mascots to your advantage, kids love them and Caeser.
    My son turned 4 a week ago and is already looking forward to the season - though I don’t think he knows exactly what it is. I took him to 4-5 afternoon games last year and he loved it though we’re working on cheering for only one team. He sang the whole theme song in the car to kinder last week and I almost shed a tear

I wouldn’t worry about them deviating from your team if you’re a footy fan. I grew up inner north and never though about another team. I always think - you never choose the bulldogs, you inherit them.

19. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    I’m pretty excited.

Our midfield will bully sides.

Naughton, Schache and Bont up front is a triple threat.

Despite it being terrible for Moz to get injured on the eve of the season, I think we’ll have a better balance down back.

The Swans are a good side, but they are also our bunny. We’ve created momentum and celebrated many of our best wins of the Bevo era against them.

We have Bont.
    Yeah we through away the game last year when there was a goal in it. Dunkley sitting in the goal square and as the ball was going to land in his arms, he was already off to kick the goal and fluffed it.

Should be another close one.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.