Emerging key forward Josh Schache has spent just three years in the AFL system, but senior coach Luke Beveridge has no doubt he has the attributes to succeed at the top level.

The 21-year-old joined the Western Bulldogs at the end of 2017, following two years with the Brisbane Lions.

The former number two draft pick showed promising signs in his first year in red, white and blue, playing the final 13 matches of the season and kicking 17 goals.

“He’s got good craft, he’s got a good engine and he’s really developing his contested stuff – we’re pleased with that,” Beveridge told SEN Breakfast.

“We’ve tested him recently, just challenged him on a couple of areas and where we want him to run, how we need him to provide a contest in different areas.

“He’s really come to the party there.
“He’s a determined young man, and I really believe he’s got a bright future.”

Schache looms as a key player in the Dogs’ developing forward line without the injured Tom Boyd, alongside fellow young gun Aaron Naughton.

Star midfielder Lachie Hunter thinks he’s ready to have an impact in 2019.
“He’s had a really good pre-season,” Hunter told SEN’s KB and The Doc.

“He’s been injury-free, and I know he’s put on a fair bit of muscle. He played pretty well last week (against St Kilda) and hopefully gets his chance.

“I’m hoping he can take it with two hands and take that big leap forward, because we do need someone down there (to do that).”

link